Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Setting up your Vox

When you go to set up your Vox you must be able to connect to a wireless network so if you can't I don't believe that you can use this device at all, not even simply as an eReader.

There is no way to determine the device's MAC address until you've finished with the setup... so make sure you have your router set to allow any device's MAC address to connect with a proper password.

The MAC address was not easy to locate afterward and I can't quite remember how I found it... still new to using it, but it is buried in the menus somewhere.

Once setup begins the Vox immediately downloads and installs a new firmware update so be patient... this is gonna take some time.

After the setup, in the library area you can then download the user guide.

That' where I'm at now but I thought I would post about the MAC address for those who's router is set to accept only specific addresses.
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
When you go to set up your Vox you must be able to connect to a wireless network so if you can't I don't believe that you can use this device at all, not even simply as an eReader.

There is no way to determine the device's MAC address until you've finished with the setup... so make sure you have your router set to allow any device's MAC address to connect with a proper password.

The MAC address was not easy to locate afterward and I can't quite remember how I found it... still new to using it, but it is buried in the menus somewhere.

Once setup begins the Vox immediately downloads and installs a new firmware update so be patient... this is gonna take some time.

After the setup, in the library area you can then download the user guide.

That' where I'm at now but I thought I would post about the MAC address for those who's router is set to accept only specific addresses.

That seems to be common. The NOOKcolor is setup the same way, but there is a way to bypass that. Probably the same with the Vox.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I would tend to believe that the vast majority of home wifi users don't bother to manage based on MAC address so it's not likely to be an issue that many people run into.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
BUT...after the inital set-up, you don't need the WiFi anymore, correct? It can work as a stand alone eReader for travel and such?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
BUT...after the inital set-up, you don't need the WiFi anymore, correct? It can work as a stand alone eReader for travel and such?
No Wifi needed after the setup, its works fine without and all your books and apps (that you already downloaded of course) are still there.
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #6
mumsews
mumsews began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
[QUOTE=Tangent;1806957].

QUOTE]

How much time????? I am now at approx 20 minutes ...
mumsews is offline   Reply With Quote