Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
Love Stories ?

I would like to find more love stories to read, or at least love stories is what I call them. I look on amazon through the "romance" section and that is not really what I am looking for. The book that got me reading again was "the pleasure of my company - steve martin" I absolutely loved that book! I also really enjoyed time travelers wife, the rescue - nicolas sparks, safe haven - nicolas sparks. I prefer the books to not have any sex in them or as little as possible, I have nothing against sex, just always seems silly to me in print.

any ideas for me ?
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Have a look at Diana Gabaldons Outlander series. This was the first timetravelling love storiy and is where The Timetravellers Wife nicked the idea from, but waaayyy better, if you ask me.

You'll love it!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Have a look at Diana Gabaldons Outlander series. This was the first timetravelling love storiy and is where The Timetravellers Wife nicked the idea from, but waaayyy better, if you ask me.

You'll love it!
I actually have that book, I keep meaning to read it but haven't got around to it yet. Every time I look at it I see how long it is and go with something shorter. I will get to it one of these days though
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 AM   #4
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try it. In later books there are battles and wars, too. It really is nice. BTW when you read the ebooks you won't notice how long they are, as they all tend to have the same weight
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
TaureanBull
Guru
TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.TaureanBull can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 3-3G
Love Story-Erich Segal (& his other works)
Danielle Steel
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
TonyR
Connoisseur
TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!TonyR rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle, Jetbook Lite, iPod Touch
If you enjoy science fiction as well, you might try Theodore Sturgeon's work. Particularly:
"A Saucer of Loneliness"
"Hurricane Trio"
"Slow Sculpture"
"When You Care, When You Love"
"The Graveyard Reader"
and many more.

Bests,

Tony Rabig

Last edited by dreams; 04-13-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: [promotional links removed by moderation]
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #7
Ron.
Evangelist

"Outlander" is next on my list, I just finished "Name of the Wind" and "Wise Man's Fear". Outlander should seem short by comparison