Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
pgun3
pgun3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
just transfered books from kindle to calibre

But when adding some books didn't show the author in the kindle main library in calibre (but it does on my kindle) & when I added those books to calibre it didn't put a green check mark showing that it was added in my calibre library & why on some of the books it say "New Title 1"??

did that make sense??
thx
Penny
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
But when adding some books didn't show the author in the kindle main library in calibre (but it does on my kindle) & when I added those books to calibre it didn't put a green check mark showing that it was added in my calibre library & why on some of the books it say "New Title 1"??

did that make sense??
thx
Penny
Sense from a Penny

The current settings for the way Calibre Adds books to the Library (computer) can use either Metadata in the book, or File naming (import template settings).
It sounds like the Books internal Metadata was used for the Import and was NOT accurate .

Calibre does not normally refresh the Checkmarks upon book movement of a book. To see that, you must Eject, Then re-connect
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
pgun3
pgun3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sense from a Penny

The current settings for the way Calibre Adds books to the Library (computer) can use either Metadata in the book, or File naming (import template settings).
It sounds like the Books internal Metadata was used for the Import and was NOT accurate .

Calibre does not normally refresh the Checkmarks upon book movement of a book. To see that, you must Eject, Then re-connect
I tried to disconnet & reconnect & it didn't work.
On another forum they had me go to preference, adding books, & make sure read metadatafrom file contents rather than file name & that was already checked.

Any other suggestions?
by the way like the cents of humor!
thx
Penny
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I tried to disconnet & reconnect & it didn't work.
On another forum they had me go to preference, adding books, & make sure read metadatafrom file contents rather than file name & that was already checked.

Any other suggestions?
by the way like the cents of humor!
thx
Penny
Sorry,
No other ideas.

You did load some of the same books from the K back into Calibre?
Did you delete metadata.calibre with Calibre fully not running (Quit)
then restart and let it rebuild.

Tick only apply if the book exists on Both (lib View) or found in Library (reader view)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote