Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-01-2007, 02:27 AM   #1
Raventhon
Raventhon began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Voyage
CONNECT reader and, well, connection issues.

The CONNECT reader is no longer detecting my reader when I plug the USB in. This only started once I used libprs500 for the first time, although it may be something entirely unrelated. Now, however, when I plug in my reader, I get the "USB connected" message on the reader, but CONNECT does not detect it. I can still transfer books via libprs, but I'd prefer to use the CONNECT reader for ease of conversion and general laziness.

Anyone else have this issue?
Raventhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Uninstall and reinstall the software - that should fix it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
Raventhon
Raventhon began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Uninstall and reinstall the software - that should fix it.
Done so several times now, no go.
Raventhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I had that problem. Seems the USB driver for Libprs500 is in the way and confusing things. What I did was go into System Properties, hardware, and device properties. Then I found the USB driver and deleted it. Worked fine.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #5
lumi
lumi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I have this problem all the time, and it started before I downloaded libprs500. It seems there is a software glitch (no big surprise there). Sometimes I have to unplug the USB/close Connect 2-3 times before the program recognizes the reader.
lumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2007, 07:46 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumi View Post
I have this problem all the time, and it started before I downloaded libprs500. It seems there is a software glitch (no big surprise there). Sometimes I have to unplug the USB/close Connect 2-3 times before the program recognizes the reader.
Which version of Windows are you using? I have XP Pro at home and I have no issues with Connect seeing my reader. Is there any chance you have access to another reader (to test) in case it's a problem with yours?
Old 07-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
lumi
lumi began at the beginning.

I'm using XP. Unfortunately, despite my best efforts , none of my friends or family have Readers of their own yet.
lumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Another thing you could do is install connect on another computer and see what happens. You don't have to register that computer and you don't have to register your reader on that computer as well.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:37 AM   #9
the_Finn
the_Finn began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I had that problem. Seems the USB driver for Libprs500 is in the way and confusing things. What I did was go into System Properties, hardware, and device properties. Then I found the USB driver and deleted it. Worked fine.
do you remember the name of the USB driver? as i am definitly having the issue you were having.
the_Finn is offline   Reply With Quote