Device: sony 505
[QUOTE=Lyanna;
Aaaaaanyhow, two to three days wait here .... *gets excited*

I love optimism....
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:38 PM   #32
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I don't care for BOL's books, but I'm very happy the Sony PRS-300 is finally available through BOL. Ordered one first thing this morning, should be here tomorrow. I love it's small form, pocketable. Later I'll buy a bigger reader when Irex-like readers get cheaper.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #33
Lyanna
Lyanna began at the beginning.

Device: none
[QUOTE=mazzeltjes;577684][QUOTE=Lyanna;
Aaaaaanyhow, two to three days wait here .... *gets excited*

I love optimism....[/QUOTE]

Ugh.

Quote:
Hierbij laten we u weten dat we onderstaand(e) artikel(en) uit uw bestelling met bestelnummer 7727955530 helaas niet binnen de aangegeven levertijd kunnen leveren.

Titel: Sony Reader Touch Edition - Zwart - Unknown
Aantal: 1

Wij doen onze uiterste best om bovenstaand(e) artikel(en) alsnog zo spoedig mogelijk op het door u opgegeven adres te laten bezorgen. Wij kunnen u helaas geen inschatting geven van de nieuwe levertijd.
In other words, sorry mrs, but we can't deliver your order in the expected time, and we don't know when it will be delivered either. And that while it still says 2-3 workdays on the site. F*ckers.
Lyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #34
moespook
moespook began at the beginning.

Device: bebook; sony 600
got mine today!

I pre-ordered mine from Bol last week and it was delivered today. I got the silver one no one else seems to like
I only read english so I guess I'm not gonna order ebooks from Bol. There are a lot of online stores abroad (even US ones with geographical restriction policy that can be circumvented The prices on Bol are way too expensive; perhaps when the VAT is down to 6%, but even then I guess they will be more expensive than at Fictionwise or BoB.
moespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #35
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by moespook View Post
I pre-ordered mine from Bol last week and it was delivered today. I got the silver one no one else seems to like
I only read english so I guess I'm not gonna order ebooks from Bol. There are a lot of online stores abroad (even US ones with geographical restriction policy that can be circumvented The prices on Bol are way too expensive; perhaps when the VAT is down to 6%, but even then I guess they will be more expensive than at Fictionwise or BoB.
Yes, I got the impression they didn't anticipate the rush on the coloured models...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:43 AM   #36
Lyanna
Lyanna began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well, my hopes are up again. Despite the former message that things are delayed and that they can't tell me when the reader will be delivered, I did get a new message saying that my package has been shipped.

From what I gather at TNT it might even be delivered today, surely tomorrow. So! I'm crossing my fingers here.

In hindsight I think I'm just as happy with the black version as with the red. I also ordered the cover that comes with it, when things have arrived I'll be sure to do a review with some photos.
Lyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:55 AM   #37
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Gezien dat er toch wel wat Nederlandse gebruikers op MobileRead zitten, heb ik maar een groep "Nederlanders" gemaakt. Interesse? Het is een open groep

edit: just realised this might be a tad rude for the non-Dutch readers. It says I've just created a social group for Dutch MR users.

Last edited by acidzebra; 09-03-2009 at 04:08 AM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:23 AM   #38
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Gezien dat er toch wel wat Nederlandse gebruikers op MobileRead zitten, heb ik maar een groep "Nederlanders" gemaakt. Interesse? Het is een open groep

edit: just realised this might be a tad rude for the non-Dutch readers. It says I've just created a social group for Dutch MR users.
Is die groep ook toegankelijk voor andere Nederlandstaligen? (i.e. vlamingen bijvoorbeeld)
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:25 AM   #39
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
Is die groep ook toegankelijk voor andere Nederlandstaligen? (i.e. vlamingen bijvoorbeeld)
We zijn niet zo'n grote club, dus ik ben er helemaal voor

Hmmm, had ik het "Nederlandstaligen" moeten noemen?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:06 AM   #40
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
I've found an article here.
There's some more info here and here, but basically, back in March the EU ministers voted to allow the low rate to VAT to be charged on eBooks & audioBooks, but it's an option, not an obligation.

In the UK, the Publishers Association have met with the Treasury, but as they're currently planning an autumn campaign, that suggests that they didn't get any commitment to take up the option. (Hardly a surprise when one examines the taxation policies of the current government...)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:15 AM   #41
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyanna View Post
In hindsight I think I'm just as happy with the black version as with the red. I also ordered the cover that comes with it, when things have arrived I'll be sure to do a review with some photos.
Seen this? ;-)
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:15 AM   #42
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
There's some more info here and here, but basically, back in March the EU ministers voted to allow the low rate to VAT to be charged on eBooks & audioBooks, but it's an option, not an obligation.

In the UK, the Publishers Association have met with the Treasury, but as they're currently planning an autumn campaign, that suggests that they didn't get any commitment to take up the option. (Hardly a surprise when one examines the taxation policies of the current government...)
Considering, they contemplated to raise the VAT on normal books to 19% a few years ago, I'm happy they now will put everything at the 6% VAT level!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

From bol.com:

Quote:
Wegens het overweldigende aantal bestellingen van de Sony Readers is de levertijd van sommige modellen wat langer dan je van ons gewend bent. Kijk hier voor een overzicht van de actuele levertijden. Wij doen, samen met Sony, onze uiterste best om zo snel mogelijk te voldoen aan de vraag.

(translation: Due to the overwhelming amount of orders of the Sony Readers, is the delivery time of some models a bit longer than you are used from us. Check here for a list of the actual delivery times. We will do, together with Sony, our utmost to meet the demand as fast as possible)

Looks like they never expected a rush like this (and I noticed the red one was back to 2-4 days delivery time again)
Old 09-03-2009, 05:46 AM   #44
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Looks like they never expected a rush like this (and I noticed the red one was back to 2-4 days delivery time again)
Interesting distribution:

Touch silver - order today before 21:00, in your home tomorrow.
Touch black - 2-4 days
Touch red - 2-4 days
Pocket silver & blue/black - order today before 21:00, in your home tomorrow.
Pocket "pinkish red" - temporarily sold out?!?
Bebook & Cybook - order today before 21:00, in your home tomorrow.
COOL-ER models - 2-3 weeks
Bebook mini - 2-3 weeks ? (they don't even have a pic yet).

So what of the pink-red pocket model? Are dutch women all taking up ebook reading and do they all want this color? Or what?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:53 AM   #45
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Interesting distribution:

Touch silver - order today before 21:00, in your home tomorrow.
Touch black - 2-4 days
Touch red - 2-4 days
Pocket silver & blue/black - order today before 21:00, in your home tomorrow.
Pocket "pinkish red" - temporarily sold out?!?
Bebook & Cybook - order today before 21:00, in your home tomorrow.
COOL-ER models - 2-3 weeks
Bebook mini - 2-3 weeks ? (they don't even have a pic yet).

So what of the pink-red pocket model? Are dutch women all taking up ebook reading and do they all want this color? Or what?
Beats me...

The bebook mini should be available soon, which is probably why they put the 2-3 weeks there. According to BeBook twitter, it should be available today.

Quote:
The BeBook 'Mini' is shipping to our distributors and resellers now, online sales will start within 48 hours. We're updating the webstore.8:02 AM Sep 1st from web