Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #46
Relaxdfit
Relaxdfit began at the beginning.

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtam5 View Post
Hey...this is Tamara with Diesel eBooks. There is a computer generated automated response each time a ticket and post is submitted. Often it solves the client issue but not every time. I had to research your ticket a bit as the bundle was created in error. It never should have been made in MS reader format as only 5 of the 6 ebooks were offered in MS reader format. I am sorry for the error, have credited your purchase, and have removed the bundle format from our site. Let me know if I can assist you in the future if there is an issue. Thanks
So, what Diesel is saying when referring to the computer response automatically generated first with any email is that Diesel Customer Support (which in any business plan is considered overhead) is more important than the customer’s (considered profit) time and frustration. I’ll take my ‘profit’ elsewhere.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #47
tamtam5
tamtam5 began at the beginning.

Device: ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxdfit View Post
So, what Diesel is saying when referring to the computer response automatically generated first with any email is that Diesel Customer Support (which in any business plan is considered overhead) is more important than the customer’s (considered profit) time and frustration. I’ll take my ‘profit’ elsewhere.
We take customer service very seriously. The automated response happens first which can solve some issues immediately, but certainly not all client issues. From there, ALL tickets are read, and responded to 2-4 times daily. Our new website will be launched in 4Q 2010 and our programmers have taken into account many client suggestions to improve service and efficiency while still keeping costs low in order to provide great ebooks at competitive prices. Thanks again for your comments.
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #48
scadgirl
scadgirl began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry RIP OFF

This is by far the WORST company I have had to deal with. I purchased the book tonight and have been trying to figure out how to access the file for hours. Once I figured out I needed adobe digital editions to read them- NOT stated on the website, I cannot enlarge the pages to even read them!!!! And to add insult to injury, there is no customer service number to call to resolve the problem. I purchased an expensive textbook I need to read for class tonight. I will spread the word to other students this is a waste of precious time and money. I have NEVER had problems downloading books from other online sources, like these. RIP-OFF!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #49
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by scadgirl View Post
... I needed adobe digital editions ...
Adobe Digital Editions -- that's DRM.
Don't let DRM get off scott free. It deserves at least some of the blame.
It's defective by design.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
This is by far the WORST company I have had to deal with. I purchased the book tonight and have been trying to figure out how to access the file for hours. Once I figured out I needed adobe digital editions to read them- NOT stated on the website, I cannot enlarge the pages to even read them!!!! And to add insult to injury, there is no customer service number to call to resolve the problem. I purchased an expensive textbook I need to read for class tonight. I will spread the word to other students this is a waste of precious time and money. I have NEVER had problems downloading books from other online sources, like these. RIP-OFF!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!
I take it that you purchased a DRMed textbook in PDF. If that is the case, it is not Dessel's fault for the problems. The problems are because it has DRM. With the DRM, you have to use ADE. ADE is not really a good program for viewing PDF and if you have a smallish screen, you just have to deal unless you can strip the DRM to be able to use Acrobat Reader.
Advert
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #51
tamtam5
tamtam5 began at the beginning.

Device: ADE
Quote:
Sorry for the frustration. As we happily refund any title that has not been downloaded, the order was cancelled and credited back to your card at 1:55PM on 3/30.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #52
Sammrod
Sammrod began at the beginning.

Device: 568973214
Quote:
Thats what I have been trying to say this company SUCKS!!!!
Good post scadgirl!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammrod View Post
Thats what I have been trying to say this company SUCKS!!!!
Good post scadgirl!
This is not the fault of Diesel. It's a user error.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #54
Viper0699
Viper0699 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
palm ereader unlock codes

I need to know how to reset the unlock code for a book i purchased a year ago it is a palm ereader book. i recently got a new computer and am trying to redownload all of my books however i no longer have the credit card i used to originally purchase my book. I have looked all over my account page and can find nowhere to reset this code. I have purchased a new book with my new card and then tried to redownload my previously purchases and that does not work. Can someone please help me with this.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper0699 View Post
I need to know how to reset the unlock code for a book i purchased a year ago it is a palm ereader book. i recently got a new computer and am trying to redownload all of my books however i no longer have the credit card i used to originally purchase my book. I have looked all over my account page and can find nowhere to reset this code. I have purchased a new book with my new card and then tried to redownload my previously purchases and that does not work. Can someone please help me with this.
Did you contact Diesel to see what they have to say on this?

Another option is to contact the bank that issued you that card to find out if they can give you the card details.

This is actually a lot more common issue then many people know. My bank switched from a Mastercard bank card to a Visa bank card not too long ago and if I had eBooks in eReader or ePub from B&N, I could be in trouble trying to read them.

No DRM is perfect and there are gotchas to all of them.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #56
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
i recently got a new computer and am trying to redownload all of my books however i no longer have the credit card i used to originally purchase my book. ... tried to redownload my previously purchases and that does not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is actually a lot more common issue then many people know. My bank switched from a Mastercard bank card to a Visa bank card not too long ago and if I had eBooks in eReader or ePub from B&N, I could be in trouble trying to read them.
Does Adobe ADE tie itself to a credit card? Is it possible to lock myself out of my books by cutting up a credit card?

Boy oh boy! If there wasn't already a strong case against DRM, this would be one.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #57
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
There should be a drop-down box next to each book listing your credit cards. Click on the new one you just added and that will set the new card and you can download your other books.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
Does Adobe ADE tie itself to a credit card? Is it possible to lock myself out of my books by cutting up a credit card?
No, not Adobe. eReader DRM uses a credit card number as an encryption key. Always has done, so this is hardly "news" .
Old 08-14-2011, 06:47 AM   #59
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Well, at the risk of sounding different, my experience with Diesel has been very good.

I have bought books from them and when I did have a problem (once), they responded quickly and took care of the problem.

From a pricing standpoint you are credited back a portion of the purchase price (BooksOnBoard does this as well), so on that basis alone their price often ends up less than Amazon, B&N etc., especially when it comes to "Agency Pricing".

My experience
Old 08-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #60
spoofehness
spoofehness began at the beginning.

Device: none
This site seems to get more attention than the diesel website itself, so I would like to kindly ask for someone who works for that website to make the two year old red faction guerrilla strategy guide available since I purchased it just now and would like to make sure that the site didn't just make me pay for a picture of the damn thing.
Closed Thread