Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Sooty
Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.Sooty trips the light fantastic.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi Touch, iTouch, Kobo Vox
Touch bug - open document with page arrow open

I accidently hit the open document button with the page arrow open and got an error. It didn't like it and basically forced a factory reset.

Connected into the Kobo Desktop which then got it all set up for me. Had to reload all my books which had disappeared.
Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Yes.. when I took a look at her unit it was as if a factory reset had been done!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I had a similar problem. It just completely froze while I was reading, the screen did not respond to anything just the home buttons was working. I had to close it and restart it to have it working again and lost 3/4 of my books. Calibre didn't like it, because there was database problems. So I had to do a factory reset and this time loaded my books manually. I thought it was because the calibre driver is still experimental it messed something up. But reading your post seems like something very similar. I do hope that it will not happen again, because resetting it and reloading everything is a pain.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Thanks kindly to our Canadian friends for experiencing these bugs first so we down south can learn from you experiences (and hopefully get kobo to do an update)
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote