Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Wron ebook stored in record

I'm using Calibre 0.8.63. I just found out that some entried in the library are wrong. They show the name of an ebook, but when I click another ebook is opened.
However, the entries have not simply been switched.
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I'm using Calibre 0.8.63. I just found out that some entried in the library are wrong. They show the name of an ebook, but when I click another ebook is opened.
However, the entries have not simply been switched.
Calibre does not prevent you from self foot shooting

You can drag any book to the formats area of the metadata editor.

You can (wrongly) change the Title and Author in the Library

You can use the (IMHO blind-automatic results) Get Metadata which is a very good best guess, but is sometimes wrong. I prefer to cherry pick from the list.

The original book source was coded wrong in the first place

I prefer to NOT let the Get Metadata overwrite the Title and Author
(changed the default configuration) Metadata just in case poor results have been retuned. Note: The configuration does not affect Metadata recovered from the book (the blue i in the editor)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert