Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 AM   #1
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
Hello Mobileread!!!

Hi Everybody,

Just waiting on my new Sony PRS-505 to arrive! Previously owned an eBookMan 901...can't wait to start reading!

arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello arcadesdude, enjoy the 505 !
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi arcadesdude and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 back in January and like it a lot. Be sure and let us know how you like your's once you get it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
This thing is awesome! Excellent screen clarity, tons of books with lots of memory to spare (got a Kingston 2gb micro SD card with adapters that I haven't used because the internal memory holds most of the books I have! May use it for audio books).

I can imagine future ebook readers to have color screens (animated without need to draw power to maintain a stationary image) with touch screens and Internet browsing (wifi)...

The Sony is really high quality -- they've put some thought into the design you can tell. Like the way the stock tan cover magnetically holds shut on the reader...little things like that are a nice touch.

I did dream years ago of having posters in my room that were in color and animated, so this isn't in the realm of unpossibility. B&W is good for reading though.

Used Sony's ebook library as well as calibre - using calibre to actually work with reader now (because of conversion features and meta data editor etc.

I also got the led booklight sony recommended and it does a fine job at illumination with minimal glare.

I would like the font sizes of my rtf files to be a little bigger, as the L(arge) size isn't big enough for my tastes. Calibre helps with this with conversion to LRF (with an option to change base font size) but it would be nice to have more size changing options on the device itself.

Overall 8/10, nearly perfect, excellent clarity and battery life. Would like to use it while charging, have slightly more intuitive menus, more font changing size options, ability to delete books etc. Much, much better than the ebookman 901 I used to have for the purpose of reading books!

arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
arcadesdude buy the wall charger to charge your 505 and you can read while charging
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
And consider some of the covers like those from MEdge and Levenger
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #7
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings arcadesdude. Enjoy!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote