Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you read Joyland?
Yes, I bought the pbook 14 53.85%
Yes, I borrowed it from the library 0 0%
Yes, I found an ebook 3 11.54%
I hate King, he hasn't written a good book since Christine 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I haven't read any King in ages. Not since university days. I've been tempted by Different Seasons and Joyland, but haven't gone back yet. Maybe someday.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
FYI, I just looked at the poll results and it does show usernames of how people voted.
Yes, it says it right below the question

Quote:
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #18
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Guess I should also add that I am not a fan of King, and haven't read one of his books in years. But I don't hate him so couldn't vote.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I didn't realise you were referring to a book. They have an ad campaign in the UK for Cadbury's chocolate that features 'Joyville' and I got confused.
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #20
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My choice isn't covered either. Yes, I have the book but haven't read it yet.

Edit: Deleted the "e" from book!

Last edited by Ripplinger; 09-16-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #21
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
I'm such a King fan,

I never heard of it!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #22
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
My choice isn't covered either. Yes, I bought the ebook but haven't read it yet.
Joyland isn't available for sale as an ebook yet.

I have way too many books in my TBR list for me (including Stephen King) to be worried about getting a new Stephen King novel that is not in my current preferred format.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #23
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Sorry, that was a typo since 99.9% of what I read (and therefore type about) is ebook. I have the good old fashioned paperback, in fact it was gifted, not one I bought, which is why it's pbook instead. I've corrected the above post.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #24
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
FYI, I just looked at the poll results and it does show usernames of how people voted.
Thanks. Didn't mean to do that.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your choice is so limiting that I didn't vote.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I bought a copy shortly after it came out, and my wife decided that it was too difficult to read on paper for her anymore (she reads on the go), so she "acquired" a copy of the ebook. I've not had the chance to read it yet (long work days, plus had about 100 pages worth of papers to write lately for finishing my degree), but from what I've seen of the ebook, it is pretty indistinguishable from HCC's other ebooks. It was almost like someone at HCC leaked a copy of the ebook way way in advance.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #27
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
I'm in the camp that feels King did his best work on drugs, but Joyland is the first work of his that has piqued my curiosity in 20 years. I can see how King would have a romantic notion of paperback being the ideal container for pulp crime, but my guess is it will go ebook at some point.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 09-17-2013 at 09:27 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #28
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
My reason for not wanting to read any of Kings books is everyone that I have read had an extremely silly ending, recently I did under the dome hoping it would have changed but no silly ending again.

Probably I won't ever read another King book.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I can not read paper books, my vision will not allow it. I am a huge King fan. I found his choice not to release it as an ebook was ego overload. If it was any non multi billionaire author I would purchase the paperbook and download an illegal copy to read. Not legal but as i see it the author still gets their money. Back to King, I am in no rush to read joyland, but have it slated for the next 12 months. If he doesnt release it as an ebook in the next year, as bad as it sounds I have no problem with him not getting a cent, and an ebook copy falling into my hands.
I fully support authors for their hard work, ego maniacs who do not consider the disabled, and have more money than god, well to bad. Anything he releases as an ebook, will get him my cash.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote