Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I loaned my Kindle out ....

to a neighbor. I was spending so much time reading and here .... I was getting no work done at all, and I have a lot to do. So, I have lent my Kindle to Mrs. Moon so that she can read the new Steven King novel, and to see if she likes the Kindle enough to get one.

She was so worried that she was going to break it, but I think I've gotten that notion out of her head. When I left her, she was reading on the Kindle like a master.

I really hope she likes it. That's all .... not much of a thread topic, I know. But hey ... they can't all be gems.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
You have a lot more strength then I do. if my neighbor wants to borrow my 505, he'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i don't think i would lend my liseuse either. although maybe if the alternative was death...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm having trouble putting down my 505 long enough to start the new hardbound Janet Evanovich novel I picked up this week. The thought of it actually being out of my possession for more than 5-10 minutes....nope, not gonna happen.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Evangelizing! Good for you! I pass mine around to anyone who is interested. I tell them to mess with the buttons and touch screen to see if they like it. However, the EB-1150 is sort of rugged, so it has already taken a bit of mishandling from yours truly. I think the curious parties are more careful with it than I am.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I don't mind showing the 505 to people and letting them play with it for a few minutes. I just have a problem with handing to someone and saying "here, have fun, and bring it back tomorrow or whenever".

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I don't mind showing the 505 to people and letting them play with it for a few minutes. I just have a problem with handing to someone and saying "here, have fun, and bring it back tomorrow or whenever".

Dreamer
I see. Yes, I cringe in sympathy just to think of the seperation anxiety! Mine only goes home with me!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

I understand ... but that's just the way I am. I'm constantly loaning out things to friends. However, I always make the loan understanding completely that if it comes back damaged, or doesn't come back at all .... that's my problem. So, I never loan anything out that I wouldn't be willing to make a gift.

Mrs. Moon is one of the dearest people in the world. I know she won't abuse the loan ... and it's really the only way to find out if she would get any use out of a Kindle. I don't want her family to buy her one, and then she's too tense to use it ... that would just be a complete waste of money. The whole Moon family are people that I would give my life for ... so loaning them my Kindle, that's a small thing really.

I told her that if she doesn't like it, she should just call me and I'll come over and take it back. She hasn't called, so I think she's probably merrily reading her way through "Duma Key."
Old 06-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I was wondering how other people felt about this. There is one couple I would loan mine to, no strings attached......she works in a books store specializing in first editions, antiques, and just used books. He has everything ever written by Ray Bradbury, signed first editions, and they both voracious readers and buy books like you would not believe......neither is really into ereaders, but when I showed him mine one day, I could see a spark of interest. When I told him in my opinion they didn't need to replace paper books, but could easily exist side by side, it made a little more sense to him. Still waiting for them to take me up on my offer.....Now that I have 84 books loaded, he may be more interested...........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

You know .... whenever people give me the stink eye because I said I loaned out something that was valuable to someone ... I ask them if they have children. In my age range most people do.

So, then I ask them if they ever had a baby sitter for their child. Again, most people say yes. So, my next question is how they could possibly entrust something as irreplaceable as one of their children with another person? At least the thing I am placing in the trust of another is something that only costs me money to replace.

In the end ... it's all just "stuff" .... either you think enough of your friends to let them borrow your stuff, or you don't. The second your stuff owns you, and not the other way around, you are in a load of trouble.