Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
Riva3000
Calibre fan
Riva3000 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex 800SG, iPhone 3GS (shelved: iRex iLiad, KindleDX, Adam tablet)
Question Modification of Metadata recipe "Put series into the title, using either initials .."

I am trying to modify this Metadata 'recipe':
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118563
"Metadata: Put series into the title, using either initials or a shortened form. Strip leading articles from the series name" ..

I wanted to modify the RegExp in Template that generates 'initials' form of Series field, so it also adds any uppercase letters into initials.

That would correctly solve series names like "MechWarrior".

I tried (also as my exercise in RegEx) but I'm not good enough to solve it, so I'll be glad if anybody can help.

Additionaly: To make it more complicated, I have books and series that contain national characters (aka non-Ascii chars aka diacritis) so it would be great if the regex would take all uppercase Unicode characters, not just [A-Z].
I understand that it might not even be possible under Python flavor of RegEx. (Just thinking complexly )

Last edited by Riva3000; 05-08-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typos
Riva3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
regexp, regular expression, template, unicode