Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Calibre & Samsung Tab

Hi:

A question, with the latest version my Samsung Tab is now showing up as a device in Calibre, but it does not show any books that are on the device. Is it possible to set this device up in Calibre so that I can use Calibre to add and remove books? If not, no major deal since this is not my primary device.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the android plugin for whatever setup the reading software you use on your device needs
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, one more question, this plugin only lists epub and pdf as format types, my device accepts as uses mobi files via the Kindle for Android app, how do I add mobi as a type for this device?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use connect to folder in the connect share menu
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

The connect to folder option is greyed out, but that is ok because I can use the save to disk, single directory option. I was hoping I could use it like the device so that I can remove books that I do not want on there but no biggie because I only have a few books on there anyway so this will work. Thanks again for your assistance.
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
The connect to folder option is greyed out, but that is ok because I can use the save to disk, single directory option. I was hoping I could use it like the device so that I can remove books that I do not want on there but no biggie because I only have a few books on there anyway so this will work. Thanks again for your assistance.
It is greyed out because your device is being recognized by calibre. If you want to use the Connect to folder feature go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin and disable the plugin for your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It is greyed out because your device is being recognized by calibre. If you want to use the Connect to folder feature go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin and disable the plugin for your device.
Thank you, that got it to working.