Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
polite
polite began at the beginning.

Device: none
User management

Good evening or morning

I am a new user for Calibre Libarary management ,

What my question is " How can I control this tool and make administrator user who have authority to add or delete any e-book ? "

Because this libarary is used by several users .

I hope , i find a solution .

Thans all

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-01-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: removed blue and size commands.
polite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by polite View Post
Good evening or morning

I am a new user for Calibre Libarary management ,

What my question is " How can I control this tool and make administrator user who have authority to add or delete any e-book ? "

Because this libarary is used by several users .

I hope , i find a solution .

Thans all
Those users should NOT have user level access to the Library.
Read Only is what the Content server provides. (any Web Browser that can get access to your PC can use the Content Server.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
polite
polite began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Those users should NOT have user level access to the Library.
Read Only is what the Content server provides. (any Web Browser that can get access to your PC can use the Content Server.
Thank you very much
For this new information

But actually i have this libarary and i have installed it in local network in my work which allows all users to access it and download all e-books and they can add or delete any book ,

So my question " Is there any way to control this libarary which allows just admin. user who can only add or delete any e-book ?
polite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by polite View Post
So my question " Is there any way to control this libarary which allows just admin. user who can only add or delete any e-book ?
Run the Calibre content server and have them access the library through that. Have the admin user (as the only user) run the Calibre GUI to do updates.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote