Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #451
ismaelndes
ismaelndes began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre
Dictionay

Does anyone know hot to install a new dictionay and th format it should have? I've tried to create a folder named "Dicts" and copying there a diccionary in StarDic format (.dz, .idx, .ifo).
ismaelndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #452
wizz
Enthusiast
wizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-bookswizz has learned how to read e-books

Device: Poke2, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismaelndes View Post
Does anyone know hot to install a new dictionay and th format it should have? I've tried to create a folder named "Dicts" and copying there a diccionary in StarDic format (.dz, .idx, .ifo).
For me this worked but I installed it in "dicts" (not Dicts) in a directory of the sd.
wizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #453
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
Dear Onyx Europe can you please explain to me how I can use the dictionary on the m91s? When I try to use it the device just freezes.
May I ask, Onyx Europe, why the **** you do not care to answer me? What's wrong with you? You can't even say:"I'm sorry I do not know" or: "Sorry, the dic is not workin' on the m91s" or anything else. You just do not answer. I am ****ing p***** about this.

Last edited by DaleDe; 08-05-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: no reason for foul language. Foul language is not accepted.
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #454
ismaelndes
ismaelndes began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre
M90 Bug

I have noticed a bug after the last firmware update (I'm not asure if it was there previously). The last access to the files (date and time) is stored corectly, but when you switch off the ebook, the time is reseted to 00:00 (02:00 after changing the time zone).
ismaelndes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #455
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
Representing a G-sensor on your M-90 product page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
I've mentioned both of these things to Onyx. The rotation should give you a choice of which way you want to turn. When zoomed and turning the page it should bring you to the top of the page.

The last is more difficult as it involves changing the page,keeping the zoom, re-panning it to the start (depending on the language that could be different corners), and correctly orienting the touch layer among other things.
Dulin, you should edit this if the m-90 has no g-sensor.
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #456
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlcab View Post
Dulin, you should edit this if the m-90 has no g-sensor.
But the M90 does have a rotate button. The screen rotates 90 degrees each time you click it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #457
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Thank You tarlcab for the heads up. apparently i did not save the page the last time i was doing it.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #458
ingjunior
ingjunior began at the beginning.

Device: onyx book m90
Delivery time

Hello everyone,

I have bought one month ago an onyx m90 on web site

https://www.onyx-boox.com

Till now my order is still confirmed and not shipped.

Do you experienced such a big delay in delivery?

I also write a ticket but they don't replay to it.

Maybe is it better to send an email?

Thanks you in advance for your replay.

Best regards
ingjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:32 PM   #459
initx
Enthusiast
initx began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nokia Lumia 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingjunior View Post
Till now my order is still confirmed and not shipped.

Do you experienced such a big delay in delivery?
Hi. Sure, I have the same issue. I have ordered mine some weeks ago and still nothing. But, I have the information from the local dealer, that there is delay in manufacturing. Maybe because they fix malfunctions, I am not sure.
initx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 AM   #460
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by initx View Post
Hi. Sure, I have the same issue. I have ordered mine some weeks ago and still nothing. But, I have the information from the local dealer, that there is delay in manufacturing. Maybe because they fix malfunctions, I am not sure.
In this case I would cancel the order. I've got information Onyx will upgrade the m90/91 very soon. The new model will get more memory (4GB) and the current big problem with the IR and sensitive buttons will be finally solved. IR and capacitive buttons will be changed to regular buttons. Just be patient a couple of months yet.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #461
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
In this case I would cancel the order. I've got information Onyx will upgrade the m90/91 very soon. The new model will get more memory (4GB) and the current big problem with the IR and sensitive buttons will be finally solved. IR and capacitive buttons will be changed to regular buttons. Just be patient a couple of months yet.
Hmm, is this definitive? I do not suppose early buyers can upgrade their devices as well?
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #462
Thierry.C
Connoisseur
Thierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura aboutThierry.C has a spectacular aura about

Device: none yet
Quote:
IR and capacitive buttons will be changed to regular buttons. Just be patient a couple of months yet.
It seems using technological innovations is not necessarily a good idea.
What about the speaker-magnet/digitizer problem?
Thierry.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #463
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I've got information Onyx will upgrade the m90/91 very soon. The new model will get more memory (4GB) and the current big problem with the IR and sensitive buttons will be finally solved. IR and capacitive buttons will be changed to regular buttons. Just be patient a couple of months yet.
That is great news, provided the buttons work well. In theory getting away from mechanical increases reliability, but I would rather have something that might wear out and break someday than something that is fiddly and flaky from day one.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #464
studiosus
studiosus doesn't litterstudiosus doesn't litter

Device: several devices
I also hope that early buyers will be able to upgrade their devices. Having now used M90 for couple of days I can only confirm the issues/problems brought out beforehand. However, despite these it is really a great piece for reading.

As an academic I (want to) use highlighting lot, and for the future development of firmware, it would be very good to have the possibility to see full annotations when clicking on 'All Annotations' button - i.e. at the moment one sees only one row of text with the annotation, and when clicking on it this takes user to the page with annotation in the book. But as the device is indeed slow, then it would be better just to increase the size of the box with annotation on the first click, and on the second click user can be taken to the page in book.

Last edited by studiosus; 08-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.
studiosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #465
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
then that will be a disastrous news for us pre-orderred users.....

Well if it's true, we can lobby them to upgrade our existing devices, coz it's unfair to treat your customers differently.

Last edited by jian1; 08-21-2011 at 02:02 AM.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90