Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Sablerose
Enthusiast
Sablerose began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 6G
Question Strange question re: TOC

I have a puzzle. I want to merge the xhtml of my cover image with the html of my Title/Author page within my TOC, so that my Title entry includes both files.

I used the start of the xhtml file to mark as the start of the Title entry for the TOC, but it doesn't register the html of the Title page also; it gives it a generic name of "chapter"

I know its a twitchy little thing, but I'd really like to get this right.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sablerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Let me get this straight:

So you want the "Title Page" link in your ToC to go to both "Cover" AND "Title Page"?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Sablerose
Enthusiast
Sablerose began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 6G
I want my TOC to be:

Title (both the Cover xhtml and the Title html files)
Prologue
Chapter 1
etc

But I don't know how to have the editor read the xhtml file and the html files (Cover and Title) together. It may not be possible, but if it is...

The editor reads the break between the 2 files, I see that. But is there a way to make it read them without the break?
Sablerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sablerose View Post
I want my TOC to be:

Title (both the Cover xhtml and the Title html files)
Prologue
Chapter 1
etc

But I don't know how to have the editor read the xhtml file and the html files (Cover and Title) together. It may not be possible, but if it is...

The editor reads the break between the 2 files, I see that. But is there a way to make it read them without the break?
Use the Book editor and hand edit the NCX, making a second (almost duplicate) entry with the 'Text' with the other label. (I don't know if the editor will adjust 'Play Order', Sigil does
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Right-click the book from your library view and select edit ToC. Remove the Title entry from the ToC. Rename the Cover entry to "Title". Now the Title link will go to the cover and not the Title Page.

You can also choose Edit Book and edit the ToC html page to make the Cover link expand to include the Title link as well. Just remove the </a> <a href="***"> at the end of the Cover link and the beginning of the Title link. Then clicking on either one will open the same shared link to the Cover.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote