Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Is Sony store Epub really supposed to be this slow?

So I downloaded Physics of the Impossible:

this is my first bought Epub. The page turns are pretty slow.

I will admit my PP has been acting up, but it has been fine since last night, and since I ran a scan on the drive it has been running fine for now.

It is about 5 seconds to turn the page. (I know sounds ridiculous, but used to my pp being faster). My Jules Verne Epub I downloaded works fine I got through inkmesh for free.

Just curious.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Decrypting DRM takes CPU cycles, so slightly slower would be normal.
So you are doing extra work (each EPUB section has to be un-zipped) befor it is displayed.

Take this with salt as I have exactly ONE book with ADE DRM (bought at My EZRead.com ).
Sluggish might be a better description.

I have been using Sigil to edit (non-DRM) books to Set Chapter breaks (I like a new chapter to start a New page, just like on paper). This results in smaller portions being loaded as there is only 1 Chapter per portion).
Many conversions to EPUB by Calibre, just break the file into sections based upon size (not to exceed).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
yeah I think that maybe it.

If I go back a page it is swift. So I think with each page turn it is doing that. I guess once I get through the whole book it will be good.

Still I really like Epub better than PDF. A LOT.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote