Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #46
Running Man
Running Man began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350 & PRS650, Kobo EReader, Acer 1830TimelineX
Talking

I bought Kobo Ereader because:
1. It is canadian - Chapters
2. Price - $149 in May 2010 - it was the lowest price Ereader available in Canada at that time.
3. Support for epub and PDF.
4. Not restricted to books purchased at Kobo Bookstore.
5. Wanted a basic EReader for reading books - no wifi, no music player, no games, etc.. just reading and keeping my collection of books on it.
I bought my Ereader in May and still like it. It is a bit slow on the boot up and page turning, but hey - it does the things it suppose to do well - read books
Running Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #47
ModReader
Kobo
ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ModReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Wifi
1. Newspapers
2. Canadian
3. Price - $128
4. e-ink screen
ModReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM   #48
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Man View Post
I bought Kobo Ereader because:
1. It is canadian - Chapters
2. Price - $149 in May 2010 - it was the lowest price Ereader available in Canada at that time.
3. Support for epub and PDF.
4. Not restricted to books purchased at Kobo Bookstore.
5. Wanted a basic EReader for reading books - no wifi, no music player, no games, etc.. just reading and keeping my collection of books on it.
I bought my Ereader in May and still like it. It is a bit slow on the boot up and page turning, but hey - it does the things it suppose to do well - read books
What he said. Except it was April for me.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #49
Dasun
Dasun began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I am still waiting for my Kobo 1 to arrive, but I bought it Oct 31 because it reached the magic $99 price and with the $10 gift Certificate Borders kindly sent me a day prior I will have a Kobo 1 in Australia for around $100 Australian - a bargain as it sells for $179 here...and yes as a long term lurker of this site I am aware of the limitatiions of the Kobo 1, I rather hope the new firmware arrives soon and has a goto page feature!
Dasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:13 AM   #50
jackdeth191
jackdeth191 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 (MIA @ sony laredo) / Kobo wireless (#2)
1) supports public libraries
2) is not a sony product
3) very affordable! (less important to me than #2)
jackdeth191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #51
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
1. Canadian
2. e-ink
3. price ($149 - two weeks before the price dropped to $128)
4. simple and elegant machine that feels good in my hands (I don't need wi-fi, keyboard, dictionary, etc).

I lurked here on MR and other sites for a couple months before I bought my Kobo. I waited until after the first firmware fix. I bought the Kobo because I want to read anytime, anyplace. This summer I've actually taken walks with the Kobo for longer than 40 minutes while reading. While walking and reading, I switch to a larger font than I would generally use. Also, it's easy for me to transfer my favourite fanfic (html to epub) to the Kobo. I enjoy my Kobo and have no regrets about my purchase.
winsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #52
amo
Teaist
amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.amo taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Aura ONE, Android cell phone
1. sold at Chapters
2. price
3. epub and pdf's, i.e. library books and documents
4. physical format (no buttons where I put my thumb to hold it)
5. basic reader, no unnecessary bells & whistles

I wasn't even going to read books on it, just pdf's I need to read for my studies (and I hate reading documents on a computer screen), but once I got it, I got hooked!
amo is offline   Reply With Quote