Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
bettyruthe
Enthusiast
bettyruthe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Toshiba Thrive tablet not recognized by calibre

I have connected my tablet to the PC, and the PC recognizes it, shows an icon of AT100, but I'm unable to get calibre to recognize it. After reading a similar thread, I tried to connect to folder, but even the folder doesn't appear. I even went back and reran the welcome wizard, but that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?

Here is the debug info:

calibre 0.9.5
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid10de&pid03f1&rev00a3',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid10de&pid03f2&rev00a3',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_0a0c&rev_1013',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_0a0c&rev_1013&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_0a0c&rev_1013&mi_03',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c52b&rev_1201&mi_02',
u'usb\\vid_04f9&pid_003d&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_05e3&pid_0608&rev_0901',
u'usb\\vid_05f3&pid_00ff&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_0930&pid_7102&rev_9999',
u'usb\\vid_1376&pid_3010&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_5103&rev_0001',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_5103&rev_0001&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_5103&rev_0001&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_413c&pid_5103&rev_0001&mi_02']
Unable to get free space for drive: A
(21, 'GetDiskFreeSpaceEx', 'The device is not ready.')
Drives detected:
Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
Cannot detect MTP devices
MTP devices are not supported on Windows XP

Looking for devices...

Devices possibly connected: None

Last edited by bettyruthe; 11-05-2012 at 10:17 PM.
bettyruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 11-05-2012 at 11:08 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
bettyruthe
Enthusiast

Is this a reply to me? If so, I didn't ask anything about DRM removal. I just want calibre to recognize my device.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyruthe View Post
Is this a reply to me? If so, I didn't ask anything about DRM removal. I just want calibre to recognize my device.
Yes the reply was to you.
Look again
That is his signature (keeps the lawyers away)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The link he MEANT to include was http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
bettyruthe
Enthusiast

Ah-hah! All rightee, then. Y'all are just too cool. Thanks for such quick responses. I'm fixing (Southern speak, of course) to go read right now. :-)
Old 11-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Since you have an XP machine and MTP will not work I recommend Calibre Companion (wireless required) android app to connect your tablet to calibre. I use it to connect my Nexus 7 tablet to calibre and manage my books on the tablet.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #8
Amogh Harish
Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: MacBook Air, iPad Mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Moto G
Since you can browse the files from Windows XP, you can use the Save To Disk feature, which works just the same as Send To Device (except for a few added steps).

I'm really not that well versed with Windows XP, for it's been almost 5-6 years since I last used it. MTP devices do work on Windows 7, that I'm sure of. Why don't you update your system?
Amogh Harish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amogh Harish View Post
I'm really not that well versed with Windows XP, for it's been almost 5-6 years since I last used it. MTP devices do work on Windows 7, that I'm sure of. Why don't you update your system?
W7 on a lowly P4? (Just like XP runs on a P3 with 256M )
Any CPU with only DDR(1) RAM?
W7 runs nice on my dual core AMD with 3 Gigs of DDR3 RAM
Old 11-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #10
bettyruthe
Enthusiast

Amogh, I've seen Windows 7 and Vista and just didn't like the looks of it, and I like Outlook Express, and I guess I'm just too lazy to have to deal with learning something new. I know I should upgrade.....
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
bettyruthe
Enthusiast

Ducks, I don't understand all that stuff, but are you saying my system wouldn't do well on Windows 7?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #12
bettyruthe
Enthusiast

Doctor Ohh and all, I have downloaded Calibre Companion, but what I don't understand is why do I have to change things in calibre to ePub since my Kindle reader uses mobi?

As an aside, Calibre Companion is kind of like AirDroid, right? I have that on my phone and my tablet, and I love it.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Ducks, I don't understand all that stuff, but are you saying my system wouldn't do well on Windows 7?
I don't know the specs on your Thrive, but if you don't have 2G of RAM I would not worry about the processor.
There may be a reason that it came with XP and not Vista (assuming it was made in that era)
Thrive is the tablet. You do not say what your computer is
Linux may be an option (requires lots less computing power/RAM) It all depends on what other tasks you do.

Last edited by theducks; 11-07-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: strikeout
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Doctor Ohh and all, I have downloaded Calibre Companion, but what I don't understand is why do I have to change things in calibre to ePub since my Kindle reader uses mobi?
No need to change to ePub, there are plenty of Android reading programs that read mobi files. I use MoonReader+ and it handles mobi and many other formats.

Quote:
As an aside, Calibre Companion is kind of like AirDroid, right? I have that on my phone and my tablet, and I love it.
I don't think so, read up on calibre companion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I don't know the specs on your Thrive, but if you don't have 2G of RAM I would not worry about the processor.
There may be a reason that it came with XP and not Vista (assuming it was made in that era)
The Toshiba Thrive is an Android tablet
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The thrive is an Android tablet
Yes, so I discovered via Google