Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
armyturtle
armyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheesearmyturtle can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP Touchpad w/ Cyanogenmod 7.1 RC1 & Aldiko Reader
Just sent $10 - sorry I don't have more than that right now. I've been using Calibre for about 6 months now and I'm blown away by it. You DEFINITELY deserve donations.

Last edited by armyturtle; 10-18-2011 at 08:13 PM.
armyturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #17
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Do you have a username/password set? If so I believe you have to remove them to get downloading to work. This is a limitation of the Android browser in that it does not support the required authentication (which I find strange since Google is an Internet focused company).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:58 AM   #18
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyturtle View Post
What if we don't want to open our library up to the entire public? What does this mean? We can't have Auth on our Calibre servers if we're using a Nook/Kindle/Android device?
Android can't handle digest authentication, which is what Calibre uses. It can handle the less secure basic authentication. This is Android's problem, but it causes a lot of pain for many apps. My solution is to use basic authentication with a "reverse proxy" from outside my network and run calibre open inside my network. Searching here for "reverse proxy" will provide some options on how to do this.

BTW, I have seen some workarounds available for Android apps, but they need to be implemented by whatever app you are using to access the Content Server. Here's a link:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9579
If anyone knows of any Android browser or app that has implemented a workaround or is successfully reaching a calibre Content Server having a password set up, I'd appreciate knowing about it. It's supposed to be fixed soon, but I've seen that since 2008

Last edited by Starson17; 10-19-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote