Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #16
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast
Woody_in_MN began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi. I saw the deal. But firmware for eDge Android 2.2 is not available - right? The Entourage servers are shut off. If I could find an upgrade to 2.2 in zip, I would pull the trigger. Does anyone know if this firmware is anywhere but on servers that have been shut down?
Woody_in_MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #17
Clever
Clever began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
There are links to download the update with instructions all over this forum. Easy to get and easy to do.
Clever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Is this thing 3lbs? I am thinking about it but I already have 2 ebook reader. Is the eink better than the original Nook classic?
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #19
maspears
maspears began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsegrrl View Post
I've had my Pocket Edge chained to my side since Woot's 119 sale - when I saw the price today, I had a serious D'oh! moment. Now I'm on the fence about buying a second one. I mean I don't really need another one, but it might be good to have a "travel" one and one as a backup so I don't have to be paranoid about one getting busted up while I'm out...

Any other excuses to blow money on shiny electronics are welcome.

Same here, only I bought my second one off eBay(new) a few months ago for $100 +10 shipping. I still want a Asus eee tranformer!

Last edited by maspears; 09-09-2011 at 10:56 AM. Reason: i love a deal.
maspears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #20
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever View Post
There are links to download the update with instructions all over this forum. Easy to get and easy to do.
Can you provide a link? I did quite a bit of looking and all I saw was entourage links. The Entourage servers are shut down.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #21
Gremalkin
Gremalkin began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_in_MN View Post
Can you provide a link? I did quite a bit of looking and all I saw was entourage links. The Entourage servers are shut down.
This post has other links: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237

I downloaded the 2.2 update a couple of days ago from the dustyfeet link within this message. Just verified it is still up. There is also a torrent link within the thread.

And yeah - I picked up 3 more for the kids so my husband and I can have ours back!

Last edited by Gremalkin; 09-09-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: typos fixed
Gremalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #22
reedstrm
reedstrm began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
My concern is that not being able to register, I understand the adobe epub reader won't work w/ DRMed epubs (like from my local library) Anyone know anything about that?
reedstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #23
reedstrm
reedstrm began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedstrm View Post
My concern is that not being able to register, I understand the adobe epub reader won't work w/ DRMed epubs (like from my local library) Anyone know anything about that?
well I bought one anyway. :-) we'll see how it works out.
reedstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #24
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedstrm View Post
That in itself should be a good reason to ask for a refund as the product is not fully functional anymore
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #25
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremalkin View Post
This post has other links: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237

I downloaded the 2.2 update a couple of days ago from the dustyfeet link within this message. Just verified it is still up. There is also a torrent link within the thread.

And yeah - I picked up 3 more for the kids so my husband and I can have ours back!

Thanks. I don't know how to handle a torrent. Is "Golden" the last stable version at dustyfeet to download?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Sold out
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #27
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastblade View Post
Is this thing 3lbs? I am thinking about it but I already have 2 ebook reader. Is the eink better than the original Nook classic?
Looks like it's 1.35 lbs.

Technical Specifications:
CPU--1.2 GHz Marvell ARMADA PXA168
Memory--3GB Internal & MicroSD Slot
Operating System--Linux with Google Android 1.6 Donut
Display--Tablet Screen: 7" Touchscreen WXGA (800x480); Reader Screen: 6" E Ink with 16 shades of gray (800x600)
Screen Rotation: 90° and 180° (tablet), 180° (reader)
Built-in Speaker & Built-In Microphone
Format Reader: ePub, PDF
Tablet Video: 3GP, MP4, Adobe Flash Lite (H.264), AVI (DivX or Xvid encoded), MOV, WMV
Tablet Audio: MP3, WAV, 3GPP, MP4, AAC, OGG, M4A
Connections: USB, Mini-USB, 3.5mm Headphone/Headset jack (TRRS)
e-Reader Input Devices--Stylus (Wacom® Penabled®), Virtual Keyboard
Tablet Input Devices--Touch-screen (Resistive touch - use finger or stylus on screen), Virtual Keyboard, Optical finger pad
Camera--2MP with video capability (front-facing)
Wi-Fi--802.11 b/g
Bluetooth
Battery--Lithium-ion Polymer with up to 6 hours life, or up to 11 hours using the reader screen
Dimensions: Closed: 5.5 (W) x 7.5 (H) x 1 (D), Open: 11 (W) x 7.5 (H) x 0.5 (D)
Weight: 1.35 lbs
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #28
Woody_in_MN
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Sold out
That kind of solves my dilema.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #29
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
LOL I can't believe the price. I looked at it and I got the itchy trigger finger then I realized, I still have the one I paid 119 for, still sitting in a box so I came to my senses. I was going to put it up on ebay since I mostly use the EE, but its so cute, its hard for me to part with it.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #30
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
nobody want to help!!
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote