Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Unfortunately I don't have any images or a scanner to get them but if I had to pick what books attracted me originally only with their covers I'd have to pick the Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. I enjoyed reading that series as well and ended up reading it completely.

Did a quick web search and I can see it's the new covers I liked if anyone curious you can see a few of them here.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #32
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
We Have Always Lived in the Castle is, indeed, a very strange and very wonderful book, but I do think that cover is strange in ways that are not resonant with the book at all!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #33
Fozzybear
Enthusiast
Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I really like the cover of the Collins New Naturalist book on Wildfowl by David Cabot. The covers of this series are all really good I think, I also like the cover for The Sea Shore by C.M. Yonge. The spine of the Wildfowl book has a Barnacle Goose on it and looks lovely on the shelf, as do the others.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterfowl.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	85684   Click image for larger version

Name:	sea shore.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	85685  
Fozzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #34
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh favorites SPINES! Here's mine:

Sadly, I only own one of these, so mine doesn't look like this.

eP
Old 04-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
My favorite has to be the original cover for The Hobbit.

RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #36
Fozzybear
Enthusiast
Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.

That Hobbit cover certainly is a wonderful one, have seen the reprints and they do look lovely.

Nice set of books ElemenoP, they certainly would look good on a shelf! Thanks for the 'karma' and glad you like the bird books, I'm trying to resist becoming hooked on buying the New Naturalists as it is rather addictive (and expensive - new copies are £30-50 each, second hand can range from a few pounds up to thousands!). I've got a lot of bird/wildlife books, currently spreading into a third shelf on my bookcase thanks to the purchase of these New Naturalists last week.

Maybe we should start a 'show us your bookshelves' thread, for those still with a foot in the paper age?
Old 04-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #37
elemenoP
Wizard

Fozzybear, I hope for you that Sibley comes out with a UK or European bird guide someday. His is my absolute favorite bird guide:

http://www.amazon.com/Sibley-Guide-B...pr_product_top

eP
Old 04-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #38
Fozzybear
Enthusiast

Have heard that one mentioned a lot on a birdwatching forum. I tend to use the Collins Bird Guide (black book in the picture in my post above) and the RSPB Handbook Of British Birds, which doesn't have such good ID information and pictures as the Collins but is great for showing the species you're more likely to see in the UK, as opposed to across the whole of Europe! Have found Steve Madge's "Wildfowl: An Identification Guide to the Ducks, Geese and Swans of the World" really useful too when trying to ID birds from wildfowl collections (Falcated Ducks, Black-necked Swans, Chiloe Wigeons, that type of thing). That one is about £35 on kindle but I found a pretty much mint condition hardback copy in a community bookshop here for £4! Was VERY pleased with that find!

Last edited by Fozzybear; 04-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.