Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #31
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
Where? Where? :looksaroundwildly:
Right here . . . Name:  garfield_so_lazy.gif
Views: 142
Size:  17.3 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #32
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I am an idiot also for ... hmmm ... let me count the ways. No, let's not. One way at a time will do for now.

So ...

I don't go the the User CP alot, so I'm often not aware that someone has given me karma until a good amount of time has passed. By then, memory being what it is . . .

Uhhh . . .

What was I saying?

Hhmmm ... oh yes, I remember.

I want to say to anyone and everyone who bestowed some special k upon me that I apologize if I failed to personally thank you each time, that I appreciate it (always), don't take it for granted, and never intend to ignore the kindness in the gesture. I just sometimes get sidetracked and ...

... oh look, a kitty.
When you go to user cp, If you will just click on the thread link, it will take you to the conversation that the Karma giver gave you Karma for.....(say THAT three times fast!)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #33
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
When you go to user cp, If you will just click on the thread link, it will take you to the conversation that the Karma giver gave you Karma for.....(say THAT three times fast!)
Thanks desertgrandma, I knew that part.

What I meant was that at first glance I might not remember if I thanked the person or not for karma, and was apologizing for not responding more promptly, because ignoring them was never my intention.

Oh look, another kitty. . . puppy, too.

Love your duds, by the way.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
The Village Idiot position is already spoken for - sorry taken....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #35
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
The Village Idiot position is already spoken for - sorry taken....
Darn it and I haven't even said 'wibble' yet
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #36
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if you click on your "user cp" (linky in the blue nav bar at the top of the page), you can scroll down to "new reputation", there you can see all the people who gave you karma, read their message (if they left one) and see which post they gave it for. that should answer your second question.
I have no reputation or am really blind
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #37
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
When someone has given me karma, I usually leave a message on their profile page -- but what I really enjoy is looking around and checking out their page design, reading their visitor messages and tweets, and generally snooping around.

I also regularly leave myself messages on my profile page by accident - oh well.

Thanks everyone for your kind karma comments!
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #38
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You have 3301 so far. Click "user cp" in the blue bar up top, next to the "ebooks" link. It should open to a screen that lets you see the karma and karma messages. To see your personal karma fortune, hover your mouse over those blue bars directly under your name in your posts.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #39
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
I have no reputation or am really blind
It is in the blue bar beneath your subscribed threads. If you have a lot of subscribed threads, you may need to go down the page a ways.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #40
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

I did!
I have!
I know!

I'm blind! I see my user profile, but can't see my reputation! ;o( is it possible that along with so many other things, this is blocked (stewwwwwwpid gov't 'puters)?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #41
krisk
Wizard

ok, I finally found where it says "my reputation" but I guess I was looking for the comments... no worries, not that big of a deal.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM   #42
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No no no, it's not one of the links in the left column. It's in the big white page, under the first section called subscriptions. Scroll down. It is under a heading of "latest reputation received" or soemthing like that.

Geoffc, you have a contender for the crown.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #43
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
No no no, it's not one of the links in the left column. It's in the big white page, under the first section called subscriptions. Scroll down. It is under a heading of "latest reputation received" or soemthing like that.

Geoffc, you have a contender for the crown.
*sigh*
Old 05-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #44
DixieGal
Hi There!

Do this, then click on the sender or thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Karma Komments.jpg
Views:	3383
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	29279  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #45
krisk
Wizard

doh! I bet there are TONS of people who think I am a total ice queen!!!! there are some neat comments in there! it'll take some time to go through them and for once I have REAL WORK TO DO!!!!