Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Kindle Fire and Amazon Prime

With the Kindle Fire you get a free month of Amazon Prime. Does anyone know if this will be automatically applied or do we have to physically sign up for the free month as it is offered now on Amazon.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
With the Kindle Fire you get a free month of Amazon Prime. Does anyone know if this will be automatically applied or do we have to physically sign up for the free month as it is offered now on Amazon.

Carol
Once your KF has shipped, check here to see if your one-month Prime is showing. You can also see if the trial is set to automatically renew. (I would hope not.)
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Automatic renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Once your KF has shipped, check here to see if your one-month Prime is showing. You can also see if the trial is set to automatically renew. (I would hope not.)
I took out Amazon Prime on Oct 30, 2011, and succeeded in getting the Kindle Fire shipment in 2 days with it. It DOES automatically renew but one can cancel that by going to "Your Account" and changing it.

I'm just wondering if I will get an additional free month of Amazon Prime since I already have it.

After I receive it this week, I'll check that under "My Account" and see if the free month was extended an additional month.

Since I've had Amazon Prime every order has gotten ONE DAY delivery instead of two day delivery at no extra charge. It shows two day delivery when ordering but I have actually received the item in one day.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-13-2011 at 04:57 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I took out Amazon Prime on Oct 30, 2011, and succeeded in getting the Kindle Fire shipment in 2 days with it. It DOES automatically renew but one can cancel that by going to "Your Account" and changing it.

I'm just wondering if I will get an additional free month of Amazon Prime since I already have it.

After I receive it this week, I'll check that under "My Account" and see if the free month was extended an additional month.
It's set to automatically renew if you purchase it year by year. That's reasonable, IMO. However, I think auto-renew may cause a lot of ill will among people with one-month trial Prime memberships.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Warning was issued by Amazon

Quote:
It's set to automatically renew if you purchase it year by year. That's reasonable, IMO. However, I think auto-renew may cause a lot of ill will among people with one-month trial Prime memberships.
When one accepts the Amazon Prime terms, they receive a WARNING that it will rewnew automatically. Thus, everyone will be notified.

If they don't like it, they can go to their account and cancel the automatic renewal.

So far as I'm concerned, I will save on shipping enough in one month to pay for Amazon Prime. Its a no-brainer for me to keep it. That added defacto one day shipping for the two day terms is worth it just on it's own. I order a lot of small items and don't have to pad the orders now to get that option.

Getting a free eBook to read every month is worth another $ 120 per year as well. I'm not using their movie option since Netflix has better features.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-13-2011 at 05:14 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
TimW
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
When one accepts the Amazon Prime terms, they receive a WARNING that it will rewnew automatically. Thus, everyone will be notified.

If they don't like it, they can go to their account and cancel the automatic renewal.
I'm sure the ToS would allow Amazon to auto-renew everyone with a trial membership...I don't dispute that. I'm just not sure that it would be wise from a business standpoint.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I'm a student, so Prime is only $39 for me and I have a 6-month trial.

That extra month would be nice though!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #8
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Thanks Tim.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
If you use Prime within the past year you might not get it.

Quote:
Customers who have not used Prime instant videos over the past year will be given a free month of Amazon Prime when they first activate and register their Kindle Fire.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200771470
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I just ordered a used book with my free month of Prime!

I was happy to see you can also choose standard shipping for free it doesn't have to be 2 day shipping.

I just can't see making my UPS guy coming all the way out here for a book. He looked so tired this morning not his usually perky self. His smile was strained.

Alot of the books I have on my list aren't Prime available. I could so take advantage of this if they were.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote