Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
plumtoad
plumtoad began at the beginning.

Device: iphone 3gs
.rtf - a way to find broken sentences?

I really like using .rtf for .pdf conversion clean up. Using the Find function, I can fix just about anything... it's because I can use the tab space in the find box, which lets me find any sentence that begins with lowercase letters, etc. Or to search for lines that should be split, that aren't...

What I can't figure out how to do is find a split sentence, that shouldn't be split... such as:

Line 1: "Am I making in sense in my question?
Line 2: Or does it sound like I'm just rambling?"

The correct form should be:

Line 1: "Am I making in sense in my question? Or does it sound like I'm just rambling?"

No line 2.

So I guess I would like a way to search a sentence to find a begining quote mark, but not an ending quote mark. But an idea that doesn't require reading the document to find the faults

Any ideas?

Thanks!
plumtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Faster
Connoisseur
Faster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of lightFaster is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS 650
Assuming you're using Word...

If document has curly quotes.
Code:
Find:	(^13“[!”]@)^13
Repl:	\1 	note space after \1
If document has straight quotes.
Code:
Find:	(^13"[!"]@)^13
Repl:	\1 	note space after \1
OR
Code:
This will only work for curly quotes.
Find:	(“[!^13”]@)^13([!”]@”)	
Repl:	\1 \2			Space between \1 and \2
For straight quotes replace the curly quotes with straight quotes.

Last edited by Faster; 06-04-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
They're called line breaks. Google it and you'll easily find how to remove them:

http://www.google.com/search?&q=word+line+breaks

Or you could remove them manually by pressing the hidden characters button, select them and hit the Backspace/Delete key:

DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Download AutoUnbreak it's perfect for RTF files and it's freeware.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote