Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 12:24 PM   #46
theodoron
Inspector Gadget
theodoron began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700BC
I thin restructuring the forum is a great idea. As I am in some other forums (cruise critic for one), they have structured the forum by cruise lines and that seems to be helpful. I think continuing to have general discussion forums (as many have stated on this thread) is a great idea. Thanks for allowing us input.
theodoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #47
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodoron View Post
Thanks for allowing us input.
You have to get accustomed to that as it's usual for this community
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #48
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Please let's focus on e-book devices in this discussion. We have other parts that will need to be reorganized, but I intend to do it step by step.
Can we add jetBook section?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:34 PM   #49
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks for all your input so far! Let me recap where we stand right now.

In general, most of us agree that it's a good idea to sort by vendor and to make each vendor a main category of our community (rather than placing devices under "E-Book Devices").

It was suggested that we keep vendor-independence a main feature of MobileRead; that is, we shouldn't try to separate our members if it can be avoided. I think this is very important so let's keep this in mind while we are having the reorganization. Important: Let's only separate where it makes absolute sense.

One difficult question we have to ask ourselves is as to when a vendor would qualify for its own main category. Sony, Amazon, iRex, and Bookeen are obvious cases. Not as obvious is eBookwise, which, although no longer actively developed, still enjoys much popularity among our members. Then there are vendors like Plastic Logic, from which we expect great things to come, but that's all in the future. Someone suggested that we should look at the level of activity as depicted by the number of posts or threads, and judge from there. Others argue that activity for a particular device may increase just by giving it more visible attention (by putting it under its own main category).

It was suggested to split the existing Sony PRS 505/500 forum into two forums and place them both under the Sony vendor main category. I personally have my doubts about the usefulness of this, given that the 500 has been officially superseded and that the extra amount of work it takes to sort them out may just as well be used for something that is more future-oriented, but I understand why a separation could still make sense (after all, there are plenty of 500 owners out there).

Similarly, it was suggested to split the software and development sections for the iRex iLiad and the iRex Digital Reader, since both are completely independent and unrelated devices. Here, too, a splitting of the existing software and development section would require some extra work.

Another important topic is how to deal with OEM devices, where software is the distinguishing factor. I was told that Jinke is the main company behind those devices, so it may make sense to make Jinke as a vendor a main category of our forum and to put its OEM devices underneath it. As for the OEM devices, we may either use a single forum (with thread prefixes for the different vendors), or use individual forums, in particular if a device is to receive more attention.

Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #50
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Can we add jetBook section?
It would probably be best under "Other Devices".

Also, we should also have a forum for the Foxit eSlick under "Other Devices".
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #51
lightninga
lightninga began at the beginning.

Device: V3
I agree with professor and T-bag. Jinke is a successful ebook manufacturer, and Hanlin is a famous brand. My ebook is Hanlin V3. I support Jinke Hanlin, because it is becoming the most professional ebook company!
lightninga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #52
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
How about collapsing the E-Books Formats and E-Book Uploads forums into each respective E-Book Devices parent forum
I think nrapallo has an interesting idea here.

I hadn't understood it correctly at first, thinking that he wanted to separate the format discussion even among devices that use the same format.
But he only proposes to have these format sections under the devices as links, which would point to the *standard* format sections.

So this wouldn't confine the users in their respective device forum, it would allow them to quickly access the formats related to their device.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #53
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I really like how the Forums were reorganized.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote