Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #3556
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I too read something a while back that indicated that #13 would be the final book of the series and I also noticed the phrase "buildup to the finale". It's a mystery to me as to which is the truth.
Given that the phrase comes from someone who's read the book, I'd go with that. It's more recent and is based on the books as written, as opposed to older and based on a plan.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #3557
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Given that the phrase comes from someone who's read the book, I'd go with that. It's more recent and is based on the books as written, as opposed to older and based on a plan.
That's logical.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:12 PM   #3558
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
From Kim Harrison's Facebook page: "What are you doing after Labor Day? Seriously. Title and release day for last Hollows book is The Witch With No Name, September 9th. Hurray!"

Since she's the author, I'll go with that.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:34 AM   #3559
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool ...go with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
From Kim Harrison's Facebook page: "What are you doing after Labor Day? Seriously. Title and release day for last Hollows book is The Witch With No Name, September 9th. Hurray!"

I think that I'll also go with that.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:15 AM   #3560
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I really hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "what do you MEAN you stopped THERE" endings. Maybe the reviewers quoted got incomplete books or something...
Old 04-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #3561
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I really hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "what do you MEAN you stopped THERE" endings. Maybe the reviewers quoted got incomplete books or something...
Let's hope! She has already extended the series twice. First,
Spoiler:
Kisten was supposed to be her Happily Ever After and he was killed off to provide more room in the plotline
and then the Undead Pool was inserted before the series finale.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 AM   #3562
Rev. Bob
Wizard

Quote:
Let's hope! She has already extended the series twice.
I was thinking more along the lines of D.D. Barant's "Bloodhound Files" series, where the sixth book closes some plotlines, opens a couple of others, and ends in a way that left me dying to see what came next...only to find out it was the end of the series. I was not happy...
Old 04-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #3563
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

42 DAYS LEFT!!!!

I got it right this time
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #3564
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
42 DAYS LEFT!!!!

I got it right this time
As long as the number is going down I am happy.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #3565
treadlightly
Wizard

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of D.D. Barant's "Bloodhound Files" series, where the sixth book closes some plotlines, opens a couple of others, and ends in a way that left me dying to see what came next...only to find out it was the end of the series. I was not happy...
Oh, I haven't read that series. Thanks for the warning!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #3566
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Kim's GoodReads blog now says...

Last edited by alansplace; 04-15-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #3567
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Last edited by red_phoenix; 04-16-2014 at 08:37 AM.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #3568
treadlightly
Wizard

Quote:
I was thinking about whether I have read any series that end in a sort of cliffhanger...oh, yes, Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series. I was desperately swiping my ereader, certain that there were more pages somewhere.

Anyone else have any?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #3569
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Skin Game Release...

41 DAYS LEFT!!!
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #3570
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I started Small Favor today and we have a rare April blizzard. Coincidence? Harry doesn't believe in them.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy