Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #16
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
up

so what do i have to do , seems frozen . broken , now i cant open the files on the pc so i cant fix it
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
demondog
Enthusiast
demondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankinddemondog has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: kobo touch
omg

i was thinking that my kobo was defently broken , but then i have some istrucions via email , from techincal support that help me to do a external reset , and this worked well now my kobo is good again , with the latest version , so im going to stop thinking to put again 1.9.14 , mmm if nobody tell me how exactly to do it omg ;D
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
If you followed davidfor's instructions, which files *exactly* did you replace before restarting?

You should:
1. Factory reset your device
2. Plug your device into your computer
3. Do the setup, let it download the new firmware
4. Do NOT unplug
5. Browse to [YourKobo]/.kobo folder
6. Remove three items:
6.1 KoboRoot.tgz
6.2 manifest.md5sum
6.3 upgrade (folder)
7. Unzip your 1.9.14 firmware into the same .kobo folder. You will get three items with identical names to the ones you just deleted
8. Eject your device, and unplug

The update should proceed automatically.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'd be careful about one bit there.... Once the setup is done, the database HAS been updated to any new definitions required for the version that the setup has put in place.

So when you copy back the 1.9.14 firmware it will be running against the most recent database format.

Frankkly I'm not sure what to do to work around that.

I jsut don't see the benefit in these downgrades to older versions that people insist on doing.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.9.9, firmware downgrade, kobo touch