Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-19-2015, 08:44 AM   #1591
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Xoom; Kindle Fire
New Flash Fiction at Mansions of the Mind:

BPD (100 word drabble)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #1592
RobertDDL
Whatever...
RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertDDL ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by webroot View Post
I have developed eBook reader for Windows (also available on Linux) it is close to maturing but still I call it Beta. In a brief this reader is fast, portable, lightweight (3MB), and offer very good html rendering features . It supports EPUB, HTML and FictionBook format, last format has sometime performance issues. I am sure this software will be useful to those who still read on PC.

Download it from
https://apps.techfied.com/downloads/...er_Release.zip

Any suggestion/feedback greatly welcomed.
Thanks
I like the idea of a lightweight reading tool (though it's 10 MB, not 3), but there seem to be a number of bugs, and some important features are missing.

When I try to open a simple HTML file, I only get "Cannot render this page. This file may be DRM locked".

When reading ePub, going to the next page doesn't always work properly. Pages often begin and end with vertically truncated lines. Worse, the program doesn't remember where I stopped reading, and I cannot set bookmarks -- to me, these are essential features of even a simple ebook reader.

I'm afraid this will need a lot of work before it can become anything like an alternative to calibre viewer.
RobertDDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #1593
joeaaronsellers
joeaaronsellers began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5s
Arrow Survival Horror: Interactive Fiction

I wrote (and coded) an interactive fiction app for Apple & Android. I would appreciate any feedback this community could offer me. (I am currently writing a new text adventure game for mobile, and want to make sure that I'm moving in the right direction..)

Here's the product webpage for my game:
http://www.joeaaronsellers.com/survival-horror

While this is a commercial game, I can easily give away some free copies. I have some promo codes for any Apple users, and can give out the APK for anybody who uses Android.

You can find it now from the links below:

App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/surv...or/id964241584

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...SurvivalHorror

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Aaron-Sell.../dp/B00TJ0CSDO

YouTube video preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzHvxhueEk0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Icon-1024.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	139315  
joeaaronsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:44 PM   #1594
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD, Samsung GS4, Laptop, Desktop. RIP: NOOK Tablet, Palm devices.
Thanks; tried the Android version. Sending you a PM with my feedback.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #1595
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Get the deets on Heater, noir magazine which features a brief tale of mine:
http://sidneywilliams.blogspot.com/2015/06/pilgrim-brief-noir-tale.html
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #1596
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Xoom; Kindle Fire
As recent research further supports the theory that a Sixth Mass Extinction of life on Earth may be underway. I've posted an excerpt from my How Do We Know? collection that I wrote a couple of years back.

Quote:
Over 98% of known species are dead – gone, kaput, vamoosed, disappeared, extinct! We will be too someday by those odds, but for now let us enjoy our time under the sun. That 98% doesn’t count the unknown species; those that we could have no idea about, like the ones just getting going when Theia struck the nascent Earth and turned it once more into a molten sea of lava. In the last half billion years there have been at least five planet-spanning extinction events in which half of all animal species on Earth have been destroyed. Could it happen again and if so is there anything we can do about it?
http://kennyachaffin.blogspot.com/20...xtinction.html

Enjoy! (the rest of your life )
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #1597
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Moderator Notice

You made a post in this thread and now your post is gone?

Then more than likely you've violated our posting guidelines for self-promotion and your post has been deleted.

Posts are deleted for various reasons. Here are the most common reasons:

Image too large
Wrong Shameless thread
Promoting before the sale event
Shortened URL
Affiliate Link
Spam

You'll find the posting guidelines for self-promotion right here in this very forum. Here is the link: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #1598
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Moderator Notice

You made a post in this thread and now your post is gone?

Then more than likely you've violated our posting guidelines for self-promotion and your post has been deleted.

Posts are deleted for various reasons. Here are the most common reasons:

Image too large
Wrong Shameless thread
Promoting before the sale event
Shortened URL
Affiliate Link
Spam

You'll find the posting guidelines for self-promotion right here in this very forum. Here is the link: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90052

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, bookscanner, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, no drm, parsina press, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing