Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Need to confirm addition to Wishlist now

Amazon made a change in how you add an item to your wishlist. You now have an additional step, where you confirm that you, indeed, want to add an item to your wsihlist. Why do you guys think that is? Has anyone here ever added something to their wishlist by accident?!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I just added Cold Days to my wishlist and didn't have to confirm
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Not seeing that here either.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's gone now. Strange. A few hours ago I added books to my wishlist and was presented with this extra step I had never seen before. Something is going on....

Last edited by xendula; 12-06-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
It's gone now. Strange. A few hours ago I added book to my wishlist and was presented with this extra step I had never seen beore. Something is going on....
Amazon might be preparing to change the way it is done and you happened upon a temporarily updated web page used for testing. Who knows... But I like the way it is now. No need to confirm a wish list item as it isn't going directly to your shopping cart.
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
xendula
eBookworm

^ Same here - they should make it easier if anything. I'd prefer not to be redirected to any page, just show "this item is on your wishlist" next to the purchase button.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Amazon made a change in how you add an item to your wishlist. You now have an additional step, where you confirm that you, indeed, want to add an item to your wsihlist. Why do you guys think that is? Has anyone here ever added something to their wishlist by accident?!
Adding by accident is easily fixed by a quick delete. I wish they'd added the confirmation option to the buy with one click on the kindle and ebook store though. Often come close to tapping the buy button by mistake when using a touchscreen, or catching the select button on my kindle instead of pushing the down button and buying a book I didn't want.

I just want a little popup confirmation or ideally add it to my shopping cart so I can check it all out in one go and correct mistakes by deleting them like how the rest of the site works. On the kindle itself, an option to protect buy by requiring a confirmation prompt or password would do (optional as not everyone would want to turn it on)

So, I've no idea why they confirm for adding to wish lists, unless people complained that they added gifts they were thinking of buying to a their wishlist by mistake instead of a shopping list or some were adding items that are embarrassing and not realising. Either way, I think the one click needed to optionally become 2 click or 1 click plus password

Last edited by JoeD; 12-07-2012 at 07:13 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote