Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
femto
femto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Two columns display in the viewer?

Hi there,

that's my first post here!

Is it possible, maybe be using a custom CSS stylesheet in the configuration of the viewer, that the text is shown in two columns?

TIA!

~ HD ~
femto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I don't know, I've never tried Basically claibre uses the webkit engine to render the contents of the book. I don't know if WebKit supports multi column layout, if it does, it should be possible.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
John Peterson
John Peterson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please show me how to get multi columns in the E-book Viewer.

I suggest the feature is built into the viewer and that columns are handled like in Mobipocket Reader, i.e. that the text is auto columned depending on window width. On a hd screen it fits four columns with the default font size.

I can also add that I suggest the mouse wheel change the page like in Mobipocket Reader, rather than scroll the page.

Thanks for a great software!

Last edited by John Peterson; 07-22-2011 at 05:36 AM.
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr500 View Post
I can also add that I suggest the mouse wheel change the page like in Mobipocket Reader, rather than scroll the page.
Look in the viewer preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:45 PM   #5
llinfeng
Enthusiast
llinfeng is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo, Kindles, Sony DPTs, QQ-Read
2 column in Viewer without CSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by femto View Post
Hi there,

that's my first post here!

Is it possible, maybe be using a custom CSS stylesheet in the configuration of the viewer, that the text is shown in two columns?

TIA!

~ HD ~
I find myself always confused by how people managed to get their native Calibre Viewer to render epub/mobi files in two columns. Many were referring to use certain CSS stylesheets, but they were more or less case-specific.

Today, to my surprise, the E-book viewer can render texts in multiple columns without CSS. Just right click anywhere in the Viewer, and go to Preferences \ Page layout . Setting value 2 in the following two cells sufficies to create the two columns view.
llinfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert