Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
twnad
twnad began at the beginning.

Device: android
calibre, sigil and Dreamweaver question

Hi -

I am new to all this and a little unclear about a couple of things. If someone could answer these questions, it would be very helpful...the documentation is not really clear on how to do some of this stuff:

1. If I want to clean up the html in Sigil after I have converted from Word 2007, do I bring only the HTML file (actually the XTHML file) into Sigil and edit it? Do I need any of the other files?

2. After I am finished editing in Sigil, should I just copy my "new" HTML file back to the input directory and THEN zip up everything in the input directory and ADD IT AS A NEW BOOK to Calibre? Or do I do something in Calibre to make it process the new HTML file without adding a new book?

3. Instead of Sigil, can I save the Word 2007 file as a Filtered Web page, bring it into Dreamweaver and edit it and save it as XHTML and then add it to Calibre and then convert it through Calibre to e-pub?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Nad
twnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Sigil is not a HTML editor, it's an ebook editor. Or, to be correct, an ePub editor. You should be able to use the HTML you export from wherever in Sigil to create an ePub file, although you can only save as ePub, not as HTML. This is not a drawback, just drop that into Calibre and use it. Depending on your reading software (I see your device listed as Android), you'd need to convert it before sending it to your device.
Edit: Whether you need the additional files (what are those, anyway?) kind of depends on what files those are. Obviously, you'd need image files if there are any. I have absolutely no experience in this, but I think you can get by without CSS, although that might require some heavy reediting.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert