Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #31
glitch44
glitch44 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no reader yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you have a laptop only 10 feet away, why do you not simply copy the files via USB?
Yeah, of course I could. I just "print to pdf" many articles throughout the day. Was trying to eliminate the extra step. For me, it would be great to streamline the process down to dragging a file to a folder on my computer and having it automatically appear on my kindle.

I mean, I could also print the files on my laser printer that's 2 feet away, but this is the developer's corner and we're trying to find new solutions.
glitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch44 View Post
Yeah, of course I could. I just "print to pdf" many articles throughout the day. Was trying to eliminate the extra step. For me, it would be great to streamline the process down to dragging a file to a folder on my computer and having it automatically appear on my kindle.
If your Kindle is connected to your PC via USB, that's exactly what you would be doing, of course.

I understand what you're saying, but sometimes the "low-tech" solutions really are the most practical.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #33
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If Amazon does launch a European/British Kindle with wifi - this model might be hackable in the US to do just this - access an online storage site and sync with your Kindle!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:04 AM   #34
glitch44
glitch44 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no reader yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If your Kindle is connected to your PC via USB, that's exactly what you would be doing, of course.

I understand what you're saying, but sometimes the "low-tech" solutions really are the most practical.
I usually prefer to read my books in cuneiform, but the release schedule is rather slow.
glitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:07 AM   #35
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch44 View Post
I usually prefer to read my books in cuneiform, but the release schedule is rather slow.

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote