Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #16
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oh yeah, I have to agree. I actually dropped my S2 Skyrocket face first on the floor yesterday. Not a since scratch or crack. Had I dropped it in the holy area where I have dropped all my iPhones ( in my sunroom, on the nicer tile), it would have probably cracked.

Keeping the KF in a case, even a really cheap one, is a good idea.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #17
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
My KF had go launcher on it when the screen broke. But I did run over it with car..........
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggadoo View Post
Now I have to deal with two.
Wow. I would have thought it would take a lot of pressure on a single point, rather than just a drop. So much for gorilla glass. And one more reason for me to stick with eInk

Gorilla Glass 3 is supposed to out this year. Will that maybe work?
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

I think it would take alot of effort to break the Fire's screen. It's gorilla glass! Not saying it couldn't be done but I don't see it being that easy.
Yeah, but I gave my Fire to my gorilla to play with and the stupid ape broke it immediately.

Is that covered by the warranty?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Yeah, but I gave my Fire to my gorilla to play with and the stupid ape broke it immediately.

Is that covered by the warranty?
A very old post I don't even remember what I thought at the time..... Gorilla Glass isn't hard to break. I've seen many broken ones since that post.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Wondering IF the folks with broken Glass used the stylist pens? Those things leave minite scraches when CAN cause a break!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote