Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
Alexandr90
Alexandr90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Problem with "word search" option in created ebook

Hello everyone, this is actually my first post, so be gentle. I'v recently converted a pdf file to .prc to read it in my kindle. It's a large file, a philosophic dictionary actually, so its absolutly necessary to have the search word option at my disposal. I'v read several tutorials to find out why i do not have this option when i read the ebook in my kindle, i'v try a couple of things, but nothing. When i Built the ebook i clicked on the "dictionary" option. It's not necessary that the ebook has to work as a dictionary like oxford that is included, at this point, I would be happy if i could only look for a word in the ebook, just lie with any ebook that i have. When i search for any word, it says "Title not yet indexed".
Hope you can help me, thx.

ps. Sorry for my english, i'm not from around.
Alexandr90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandr90 View Post
When i search for any word, it says "Title not yet indexed".
When you transfer a book to the Kindle, it automatically indexes it, which might take a while depending on the size of the book. During this time you cannot search it. Just leave the Kindle on and try again later.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert