Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
A Total for Authors, Titles & Series

Hello GRiker,

In calibre, the Tag Browser shows a total for the number of Titles, Authors, etc.

A possible added option for Catalog: a total number appearing after Authors, Titles and Series in the Catalog Table of Contents.

I realize this wouldn't add any functionality to the Catalog, it would be just a bit of additional information.

Regards,
Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've added code to display these totals, with the following caveats:
  • The total number of authors listed is the actual number of individual authors. For example, if you catalog Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard, that counts as two authors, even if you have no other books by either of them individually.
  • The total is displayed at the top level of the TOC for Authors, Titles, Series, Genres and Descriptions. It is not displayed for Recently Added.
  • Totals are not included when generating MOBI catalogs, as the Kindle display engine shows totals (calculated differently) in its Periodical TOC. It's too confusing to see two different numbers displayed in the TOC, and I can't control the way the Kindle computes its totals.

The revision will be submitted for inclusion with the next release.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

G,

Thank you very much!

I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into the Catalog. As my book collection grows, the built-in "catalog" in my NOOK Simple Touch has gotten to be quite cumbersome. The calibre Catalog is much easier to navigate and provides more information.

Marty
Old 12-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The catalog feature has grown well beyond my original vision for it, thanks to users like you and others who propose new capabilities I wouldn't have thought of. Thanks for the kind words.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
MartyTX
Dedicated

Thanks!

G,

I just gave it a try and the [Totals] in the TOC work fine!

Thanks again,

Marty
Advert