Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #2566
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@f-j-p: Reboot and try again. (Old bug in the uninstaller, that's why I tell people to use the latest uninstallers).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #2567
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Let me ask a few questions on upgrading the jailbreak. The first comment on this, in one of the first posts says to forget about upgrading the jailbreak. However:
- Is it worth to upgrade the jailbreak? Are there some specific advantages?
- In order to do this, is actually needed to uninstall the jailbreak, or can the upgrade be installed on top with no uninstall, using the same receipt as with the other components.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #2568
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@hfpop:

* Unless you're a dev yourself, or you intend to install everything available on the planet, no, not really .
* But, yes, for the jailbreak, you'll have to uninstall it first.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #2569
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
@NiLuJe: Thanks for the fast reply. And, as well, thank you for all the time, energy and support you are investing on this thread.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #2570
grapherd
grapherd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Hello everyone, I have a problem about launchpad

my kindle 3G (3.3) can install jailbreak, usbnet, ...etc
but only launchpad get Error U007.

so I reset my kindle to the default, and after install jailbreak,
the problem is still there, how can i fix this problem?

thanks
grapherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #2571
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@grapherd: Which jailbreak version did you install, and was it actually successful?

Because launchpad's been supported since nearly the beginning, so, unless you had a crazy old jb version, with a custom whitelist, and you reinstalled the same old version, it should work...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #2572
grapherd

jb version is the new one, 0.5.1

and i can get into ;debugOn and show ~help
Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #2573
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@grapherd: Then you're in the wrong place . That's Yifan's jb, not mine. But, FWIW, you probably just need to restart your device to get your Kindle & jb back on track.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #2574
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Thanks!
Fonts, SS, and USBnet all installed and are working without problem!

qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #2575
grapherd

@NiLuJe, I get same question on your jailbreak...
after that i reset to default again, then using
"update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin"

but it still gave me U007 error..
Old 09-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #2576
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@grapherd: What does? The JB install, or the launchpad install?

Keep in mind that a factory reset doesn't really help at all. You *need* to uninstall a hack to get rid of it. And you definitely *need* to uninstall a jailbreak before upgrading it/switching to another one.

I fear you're in a bit of a mess with a bunch of different jb, some of them half-installed...
Old 09-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #2577
grapherd

it seem really mess now ......

my kindle now cant' uninstall usbnet, Yifan's jailbreak (all get u007)

and my advertise screensave (and special offers) are gone...

is there any way to let kindle go to really default?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #2578
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@grapherd: Restart your Kindle, then try to uninstall both jailbreaks, one by one, rebooting after each uninstall.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:12 AM   #2579
f-j-p
f-j-p began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@f-j-p: Reboot and try again. (Old bug in the uninstaller, that's why I tell people to use the latest uninstallers).
I tried that with update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3gb_uninstall.bin, but it gives me an U007 error message now.
f-j-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #2580
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@f-j-p: Of course it does, you just uninstalled the jailbreak ;-). I meant retry the *install* after a reboot.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet