Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
MJH
MJH began at the beginning.

Device: MOT SURE ITS MY WIFES
Reader Library Software Issue

My wife installed the software some time ago (1 yr) and it all worked fine.

About 2 weeks ago she received an error message (she doesn't remember exactly what it said).

After that message she has been unable to open the program

We have removed the program (the right way---thru control panel) multiple times and reinstalled it. It shows that it is there and is the right size.

We have the icon and when we click on it it pauses a second and then NOTHING.

I have temporarily turned off McAfee and the Firewall and that did not help either.

We have contact Sony elibrary help and they were none.

My wifes computer is a Gateway laptop with Windows XP

It works on all other househould computers.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by MJH; 12-17-2009 at 03:56 PM.
MJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
I'm a little confused. Are you asking on the Calibre website how to fix your issues with the Sony software? They are two different programs. You might have better luck in the Sony threads.
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to Sony forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I would try general things: uninstalling and reinstalling the program with the latest version from the Sony website might help (the reader library content shouldn't be lost - correct me if I'm wrong, someone!)
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I would try general things: uninstalling and reinstalling the program with the latest version from the Sony website might help (the reader library content shouldn't be lost - correct me if I'm wrong, someone!)
I've installed the new version of the library software and I've had no problems with it. When I installed the new version, I didn't uninstall the old version. Instead, the installation program upgraded it to the new version. I didn't lose any of my content.

The only time I did temporarly lose content was when I upgraded my computer system and had to put my ebook library software on a new computer. Once I installed the software and authorized my new computer, I was able to go to the Sony eBook Store and re-download the ebooks I'd already purchased to my new computer.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert