Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
list of best free Books??? please share!

What is everyone's favorite free kindle content?? Please share with us!

svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
MarcoAD
MarcoAD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
The free books by Charlie Huston are great. I've read them before but downloaded them to have on my kindle 2. The three available are the three books in the Hank Thompson series by Huston and if you like noir style books then you should really check them out. Start with Caught Stealing.
MarcoAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by svakanda View Post
What is everyone's favorite free kindle content?? Please share with us!

My free Kindle content is this site 8,000+ books and my public library. Certainly, when Amazon offers free book, that is a bonus, and eHarlequin has recently offered free ebooks. Monitor the "Deals, Freebies and Resources" forum here at Mobile Read, to find new offerings.
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
MarcoAD

Hate to say the Charlie Huston books are no longer free on Amazon. They are still a worth while download but not free anymore.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

ah darn! I'll go look them up anyway!
svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoAD View Post
Hate to say the Charlie Huston books are no longer free on Amazon. They are still a worth while download but not free anymore.
They are worth it if you like the same depressed, alcoholic, OCD, sports junkie, confused about women, semi loser story over and over and over again.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Personally, I am a Feedbooks addict! And yes, I periodically check out the books on this site too, after all, I seem to be here every day! LOL
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
MarcoAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
They are worth it if you like the same depressed, alcoholic, OCD, sports junkie, confused about women, semi loser story over and over and over again.
We all have opinions and this thread isn't about them, no need to crap on the thread!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
strangeseraph
Connoisseur
strangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enoughstrangeseraph will become famous soon enough

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post

Yeah. I have OCD. Did not take kindly to that.
strangeseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
The Baen free library has books in the Mobipocket format (as well as other formats) that can be read on a Kindle. There are occasional changes, both additions and removals.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:56 PM   #11
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoAD View Post
We all have opinions and this thread isn't about them, no need to crap on the thread!
I wasn't crapping on the thread, I was attempting to save someone wasting money.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #12
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeseraph View Post
Yeah. I have OCD. Did not take kindly to that.
Work on taking some of your own advice and laugh at yourself. I wasn't putting down the condition, I was pointing out that this is what the guy is all about. Do you see the "sports obsessed" people getting all up in arms?

Y'all need to chill. It's my honest opinion of the books. And as has been pointed out in many other threads, the chances of a thread wandering off topic are huge.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #13
bexanadu
bexanadu began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
I personally have been downloadingg lots of classics that I haven't yet gotten around to reading.
There are TONS of free e-books on Project Gutenberg. That's where I get most of mine. I think it's such an admirable endeavor to make so many classic books accessible to everyone.
Manybooks. net also has 23,159 free books and a great interface.
I just downloaded Frankenstein and Sherlock Holmes.

Rebecca
bexanadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #14
JeanFour
JeanFour began at the beginning.

I wish there was a way to grab these free books before you get a kindle--i haven't snagged my Kindle at the price I want and it seems every day a freebie gets away!
JeanFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
Junior94
Junior94 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
There are some interesting websites to look at, going beyond Amazon. You can find different independent writers on these sites and some of the writing is really quite good:

http://www.getfreeebooks.com/

http://www.ebooksjustpublished.com/

http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot.com/

http://www.free-online-novels.com/

For many of these sites, you won't get it in Kindle format, but Kindle reads mobi/.prc format. Some of these sites offer books that are in .prc; to expand your ability to get content, you should download Mobipocket Creator, which helps you convert .pdf files into .prc files you can read on your Kindle. Creator will create the books on your desktop and you can use the USB cable to load manually on to your Kindle.

Not all on books on these sites are free; some are offered for a nominal price, but you'll find what you want browsing through these sites. :-)
Junior94 is offline   Reply With Quote