Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
deva1984
deva1984 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
how to play embedded audios in a mobi file?

Hi mates,
I could not do so on my kindle touch, nor in calibre. Do I need some hack or plugin to play embedded audio
deva1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I've never seen a reader that would do that.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Only the Kindle apps support multimedia, not hardware Kindles.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
deva1984

means I need a ipad or at least kindle fire?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes. I think Kindle for PC probably supports it too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
deva1984

Are there any apps under linux supporting multimedia feature, supposedly?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Actually it is just the iOS apps that support Kindle ebook multimedia. None of the other apps, to date. I think there are some technical issues with Android (or at least the older versions thereof) but there should not be any for K4PC or K4Mac (but still they don't support it).

There are some issues with the implementation of audio even in the iOS app. For example, one of my 'enhanced' books does not allow one of the audio links to be activated because some 'popular highlights' overlay it (and there is no way to turn off the highlights apparently). Also if the screen locks, audio playback stops. So you have to keep touching the screen to keep that from happening (usually screen lock happens automatically to conserve power). "Jacqueline Kennedy" has audio segments that are around an hour long. The text is basically just a transcription of the audio, so it is nice to follow along (turning the pages manually), but it doesn't happen automatically (like 'read aloud' in iBooks). But why can't I just lock the screen, save power, and listen? Finally, if you leave off listening to the audio to read another book, it doesn't save your listening status/position, and there's no 'scrubber' to indicate how long the audio is or to randomly access it if you want to pick up in the middle. So you have to just start at the beginning and stay with it to the end in one sitting. "JK" may be an extreme example, given the length of its audio segments, but it's something the iOS app designers did not anticipate.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
deva1984

Thanks for the information.
Those 'popular highlights' issues, couldn't you just turn the feature off in the setup option? I thought it should work universally.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deva1984 View Post
Thanks for the information.
Those 'popular highlights' issues, couldn't you just turn the feature off in the setup option? I thought it should work universally.
Ah yes. I couldn't find the option before. Yes, you can turn those off.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote