Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #61
Bert
Enthusiast
Bert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with others

Device: iRex iLiad, PRS-600
I found & fixed the problem discovered by rai (Thank you rai !).

It where actually two bugs:
  • It seems as if PDF pages are rotated somewhat special: the page is left untouched, while a 'rotated' tag contains the rotation ... I didn't know that, and messed up the calculation of the cropping because of that. I didn't notice this before because I use mostly non-rotated pdf's, created by a pdf printer.
  • I made a second mistake when calculating the crop box: Because iPdf and iText use different coördinate systems, the calculation is a bit complex. For the interested: there's a jpg image in the 1.7.6-src explaining the difference.
Anyway, you can find an updated iLiadScribbleMerger (v1.7.6) in the first post.

Last edited by Bert; 02-13-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: typo
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #62
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
Thanks so much, I love this program!!!
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #63
Lazycat
Enthusiast
Lazycat began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
It's strange. When I used version 1.7.6 (on Vista) and choose to create scribbled pages only, the final pdf file cannot be opened. But it works well if I use version. 1.7.5
Lazycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #64
Bert
Enthusiast
Bert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with othersBert plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazycat View Post
It's strange. When I used version 1.7.6 (on Vista) and choose to create scribbled pages only, the final pdf file cannot be opened. But it works well if I use version. 1.7.5
Where can't the pdf be opened? The iLiad or a pdf reader on the PC?

Whatever it may be, it remains strange ... There didn't change anything in the pdf generation between 1.7.5 and 1.7.6. Only the calculation of the cropping rectangle was changed. And the behaviour should be the same on Linux, Mac, XP or Vista. I don't have a Vista machine however, so it's a little difficult to check.

I'll see what I can do ...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #65
Lazycat
Enthusiast

When I tried to open the final pdf file on the PC, the Acrobat indicated that the file is corrupted. I don't understand why, but the old version just works well...
Advert
Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #66
Bert
Enthusiast

I have just released version 1.8, which should fix this issue. It was a silly copy-past error in the fix for 1.7.6.

I also added an extra option which I needed myself: open the output pdf after merging. This option should work on Windows, Mac and Linux. I don't have a Mac or a Linux box at hand however, so I wasn't able to test this. Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Again, you can find the new version attached to the first post.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #67
Lazycat
Enthusiast

It works well now!!

The only problem is that I can't use the Browse button to locate my folder, and I have to type the path manually.

It's a really nice program. Thanks so much for your efforts!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:42 AM   #68
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Multiple merge and command line

I'm trying to run the last version of the program from the command line with the '-?' option but I get no output. What's the problem? I'm under Vista.
And I have another question: is there someone using this tool to merge multiple scribbles at a time?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 AM   #69
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
I got bitten by -? on linux and found I needed to use -"?", i.e.

Code:
java -jar ILiadPdfScribbleMerger.jar -"?"
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:20 AM   #70
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudi View Post
I got bitten by -? on linux and found I needed to use -"?", i.e.

Code:
java -jar ILiadPdfScribbleMerger.jar -"?"
Thank you, I just found out that in Windows you can't run ILiadPdfScribbleMerger.jar from the command line without using java -jar.
Once you use java -jar you don't have to use the ".
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #71
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
And I have another question: is there someone using this tool to merge multiple scribbles at a time?
I was thinking about that too. I was wondering if there is a possibility to add command (I don't know anything about programming) that allows you to merge scribbles for each document in a folder? Say, I have folder A. In it I have 5 pdfs with scribbles. Then, instead of merging scribbles for each separately, I select all these 5 pdfs and press command that says "Do this action (merge scribbles etc) for all selected"? If this is possible, I'd be in merge-scribbles heaven
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #72
Bert
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
I was thinking about that too. I was wondering if there is a possibility to add command (I don't know anything about programming) that allows you to merge scribbles for each document in a folder? Say, I have folder A. In it I have 5 pdfs with scribbles. Then, instead of merging scribbles for each separately, I select all these 5 pdfs and press command that says "Do this action (merge scribbles etc) for all selected"? If this is possible, I'd be in merge-scribbles heaven
Indeed, that would be useful ... I'll look into this, it shouldn't be too difficult.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #73
Timodeus
Timodeus began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi, I found this quite recently and it's very helpful. Thanks for providing this!

Great Job!
Timodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:19 AM   #74
nagyv
nagyv began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
"Official Merge tool"

There is a merge tool on the iLiad forum as well. Of course, it's for windows, but runs perfectly fine under wine (1.1.6), and actually, I've found it much easier to use. Your mileage might vary.
nagyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #75
Atom_
Enthusiast
Atom_ began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Thank you for this really useful tool. It's great, and also multiplattform. Thanks!

I was wondering... could it be possible to add an option to set the transparency for each color in the final merge. I'm using gmt "for edit" ipf version, which blends one color with the text (kind of highlighting). Thus it would be great if I could have in the final merged version say, yellow highlighted text for example.

Now I'm working with my thesis and can not look at it, but if the lilbrary you use allows setting the alpha channel for the color this should be quite easy to add.

ps: I just took a quick look at the iText library manual and it does allow for transparencies indeed. Any ideas about wether it is possible/feasible to implement it here?

Last edited by Atom_; 01-27-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Atom_ is offline   Reply With Quote