Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
jey1234
jey1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Is the Kindle Touch Available in Canada?

Hi, I am planning on buying my first ereader and I've decide on the Kindle Touch. However, I live in Quebec, Canada and I can't seem to find it in any store or website. Is it only available in the US? If yes, does anyone know when it will be available in Canada, if ever? Thanks.
jey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Not at this time.

I have to believe that Amazon is going to make the KT International but that might come after the holidays.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #3
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Yeah we can't really say what Amazon's plans are for the Touch, but I don't see why it wouldn't eventually be available in Canada. I see now that they're selling the Kindle 4th gen (non-touch) at Staples here in Toronto.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Kindle Touch is currently only sold in the US. I strongly suspect that it will be rolled-out world-wide at some point early next year.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Go for a drive over the border & pick one up. As an added bonus, they'll be cheaper than whatver they may sell for in Canada.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
ElConquistador
ElConquistador began at the beginning.

Device: KT
HELLO THERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jey1234 View Post
Hi, I am planning on buying my first ereader and I've decide on the Kindle Touch. However, I live in Quebec, Canada and I can't seem to find it in any store or website. Is it only available in the US? If yes, does anyone know when it will be available in Canada, if ever? Thanks.
I live in Toronto and took a drive to Buffalo, NY and went to a BestBuy to pick up my Kindle Touch. It is the best thing that ever happened to me. It only cost 99$ and with tax 108.something something. You will never regret getting this e-book reader
ElConquistador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
jey1234
jey1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
That's frustrating. I hope Amazon launches it in Canada before Christmas. Perhaps, I'll buy a Sony reader instead... Thanks for all the replies guys.
jey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote