Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 03:22 AM   #1
draghetto
draghetto doesn't litterdraghetto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre Corrupted on updating

Hello,

I have been a long time calibre user, until last month i updated it, but something strange happened.

#1 I lost all of my books, i mean the files are still there but the db has been reset
#2 As you can see from the picture all the fonts are corrupted

I have tried all, remove, install again, update but whatever i do the font issue is still there

could you please help me on this?
draghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #2
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I would hazard a guess that the path to your library is incorrect. See preferences/General which should sort out problem 1.

As for fonts I am not sure I can help but your screen shot does show you are 4 upgrades behind the present one, perhaps updating to the current version might help??
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by draghetto View Post
Hello,

I have been a long time calibre user, until last month i updated it, but something strange happened.

#1 I lost all of my books, i mean the files are still there but the db has been reset
#2 As you can see from the picture all the fonts are corrupted

I have tried all, remove, install again, update but whatever i do the font issue is still there

could you please help me on this?
Weedfreak probably has the right idea or you actually managed to delete (or rename) the folder where the books were (and metadata.db) stored.
Did you use a removable, or a different internal drive/partition for your library?
Did you add a new drive to your system?
In either case, the drive letter may have changed. You can fix it by changing the settings in Calibre.

You can check (and change) the current Calibre setting on the "General" page of Preferences (off screen on your photo).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
draghetto

Hi thanks for the tips but that was not the case

I updated calibre several times and i never had any kind of issue until i upgraded it to the actual version and happened what i just described.

I did nto change anything on my computer, but what is teasing me the most, is that i even disintalled everything, delete the calibre directory for saved sile, reinstalled latest version on a new directory with a new space for DB and book and the font is still corrupted..

Probably i have something corrupted on the registry..... please kovid help me!
Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 AM   #5
draghetto

Hi thanks for the tips but that was not the case

I updated calibre several times and i never had any kind of issue until i upgraded it to the actual version and happened what i just described.

I did nto change anything on my computer, but what is teasing me the most, is that i even disintalled everything, delete the calibre directory for saved sile, reinstalled latest version on a new directory with a new space for DB and book and the font is still corrupted..

Probably i have something corrupted on the registry..... please kovid help me!
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #6
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
What is the path to the library in preferences/General? Where is your Calibre Library located on your computer? When you say you deleted calibre directory do you mean you deleted the library?
As for fonts are any other programs also displaying incorrectly? There are some fonts supplied with Calibre but I think they are reader fonts and the program interface should use standard system fonts, perhaps one is corrupt or missing? Perhaps check in a wp program if all your fonts display correctly.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:20 AM   #7
draghetto

What i mean is that i deleted everything that was related to calibre on my pc

I uninstalled it, delete the directory where the program was installed to, delete the directory where i had the "broken" db (after i move the lrf file of course!), reboot and then reinstalled a fresh new Calibre.

But still i had this font issue, this is strange, the only program having this problem is calibre i am not having any other kind of issue on my pc.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I have the same font problem with calibre. I have to continue to use the 0.5 version, since no one has been able to help me with this. It's only since the 0.6 versions that I got the "fuzzy fonts".

EDITED: This link is to the thread where I raised the issue, with the suggestion made to me at the time.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 11-20-2009 at 11:48 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
On my PC, since the last updaste, I've a C:\program files\Calibre and a C:\program files\Calibre2 . The last one is the new version. However, both versions show the library correctly.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The C:\Program Files\Calibre folder should have been removed when you did an uninstall of Calibre prior to installing 0.6.17 or later (as the web site says should be done).

You can also use the "Advanced" option in the latest Calibre builds to install to the folder of your choice (e.g. re-use C:\Program files\Calibre).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote