Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 08-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
agua102
agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablet w8,android,ipad,prs1,boox92
Audiobooks with text. Whispersync Books?

I m very curious about this kind of audiobooks . They say these books are very interesting for dilexic people. I mean , I read the text and the real voice read at the same time.

I usually use to do it in my ebook reader with tts (like moonreader android marking sentence by sentence).
The format I would like to use they call VOICEtext (H) . I never used the amazon-audible but I think is not the same. I only see an explaining video when someone change from text to audio with a button . But I want at the same time.

I would like to read books in british accent to improve my accent. (maybe I have some problems with a sustained reading)
I open archive project there are many txt with mp3. I would like to use some software to sync (at least paragraph by paragraph) the real voice with the text.
By example:
https://archive.org/details/grimms_english_librivox

I could use some script from bbc radio, etc.

Can someone explain me something about it?
I dont mind I comercial solution . Obviously with a software to work it could be more useful.

(In the past I used to insert mp3 into the pdf ... but a would like a smarter solution )

agua102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is a discussion here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190338
The features are described on the Amazon site: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=1000827761

It would seem to be connected to Audible where you can switch between audible version of the text and reading version of the text and keep your place in both versions. It does not seem to be simultaneous. You have to own both versions.

Dale

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #3
agua102
agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.agua102 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It does not seem to be simultaneous. You have to own both versions.

Dale
Thats what I said. I m looking simultaneous reading : text and real voice.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agua102 View Post
Thats what I said. I m looking simultaneous reading : text and real voice.
You should be able to do that too.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Amazon Kindle/Audible, offers two different features:

1) Whispersync for Voice: lets you switch between the textual ebook and the audiobook. This feature is enabled in any iOS/Android Kindle app.

2) Immersion Reading: read and listen at the same time, the written text is highlighted while narrated (kind like a karaoke). This feature is available on Kindle Fire tablets only. EDIT: also available within the Android app.

In both cases, you need to buy both the ebook and the audiobook, and have the Kindle and Audible accounts "linked" together. For details, see the Audible FAQs: http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answ...ersion-reading

=== === ===

BTW, my company ReadBeyond (full disclosure: I am the CEO and Head of R&D) produces what we call "Audio-eBooks": reflowable ebooks, with embedded audio read by professional narrators, synchronized to the text. We use the standard EPUB 3 (with Media Overlays/SMIL for the sync info), instead of the proprietary format used by Amazon/Audible.

On our Web site we have several (100+) full, free demos of English Short Stories (and other ~20 demos in ~10 languages). We also maintain Menestrello, a free iOS/Android app specifically designed for reading+listening. My signature has the relevant links if you wish to explore further.

Last edited by AlPe; 08-30-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Added IR to Android
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also, and apologies for the self-citation, a couple of days ago I wrote a post on my blog about creating EPUB 3 eBooks with the so called "read aloud" feature, in case you are interested in the mechanics of authoring them:

http://www.albertopettarin.it/blog/2...ud-ebooks.html
Old 08-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Also, and apologies for the self-citation, a couple of days ago I wrote a post on my blog about creating EPUB 3 eBooks with the so called "read aloud" feature, in case you are interested in the mechanics of authoring them:

I see no problems with self citation for on topic posts. No apologies necessary. I think this topic has some interesting features and you are welcome to build a wiki page on the subject if you wish.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #8
agua102

Quote:

Thank very much , really amazing work.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
2) Immersion Reading: read and listen at the same time, the written text is highlighted while narrated (kind like a karaoke). This feature is available on Kindle Fire tablets only.
It's also works on compatible Android devices. It works great on my Nexus 7.

Quote:
Experience Immersion Reading

Got a Kindle Fire HD or an Android device? If so, you can also read and listen simultaneously with real-time highlighting. It's called Immersion Reading and that's what it does: Immerse you in a story by narrating and highlighting the text as you read. It sparks an extra connection that boosts engagement, comprehension, and retention, taking you deeper into the book.

Available on Kindle App for Android, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX, and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #10
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Cool, I guess it landed on the Android app in the latest update (?).

Moreover, recently WfV/IR has been made available in the UK (previously, it was officially available to US customers only).
Old 08-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Cool, I guess it landed on the Android app in the latest update (?).

Moreover, recently WfV/IR has been made available in the UK (previously, it was officially available to US customers only).
I'm not sure when it hit, but it was recently. I'm glad it rolled out to the UK and hope it expands to other markets. It's a great feature.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote