Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
barbaragf
barbaragf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello from Nevada

I am happy to have found this site and enjoy reading all the threads and forums. I have a kindle that my son bought for me and I love it.. no more bags full of books when I travel... just my kindle. i had no idea that so many people love ebooks.

barbaragf
barbaragf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
stay with the threads and I guarantee a laugh a day! Welcome. (yeah Kindle!)

Oh.........and you'll learn loads, too.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello barbaragf
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi barbaragf and welcome to the Forum. You have joined the center of the eBook Universe.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings, barbarajf. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:34 PM   #6
rebguy
Avid REB1100 user
rebguy began at the beginning.

Device: REB1100
New guy here

Hello from a longtime ebook reader. I bought the first Nuvomedia ebook that came out. I now read with a REB1100. I love it.

I don't like the reb1150 because I can't put my own content on it and I don't like to be restricted to reading in portrait mode. I almost always read in landscape mode. I like the backlight. I used to drive a semi truck and if you were reading a tree book in the bunk, you had to get in just the right position for the light to fall on it. With the eBook I just turn off the light and read.

I have five REB1100's, most of them from ebay. I don't want to be caught without if one breaks.

Most of my ebooks come from Baen books webscriptions.

I do have one question I would like answered if anyone can. If you get a REB1100 that has not been registered, how can you register it or can you put unencoded content on it without registering it?

Jim
rebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebguy View Post
I do have one question I would like answered if anyone can. If you get a REB1100 that has not been registered, how can you register it or can you put unencoded content on it without registering it?

Jim
The info that you seek (and more) is here.

Just scroll down to the section called "Loading Personal Content:" and section starting with
Erase Internal Memory

1. Go to settings
2. Select modem
3. Select advanced
4. Put a check mark in Use custom isp box
5. in the ISP Password box type (wash me.) without the parentheses
6. Then select done and it should wipe the book.
Only experiment if you really need to (and willing to accept any consequences; though not likely)!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:21 AM   #8
barbaragf
barbaragf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the welcome

Wow.. I think I am going to enjoy this site... thanks for the welcome.

barbaragf
Nevada
barbaragf is offline   Reply With Quote