Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 PM   #121
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Hey, we only live once and we sure can't take it with us.
What?

Not ME!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #122
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Now that $199 Google tablet will be out next month, will we see much cheaper price from Galaxy Note?
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #123
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
Now that $199 Google tablet will be out next month, will we see much cheaper price from Galaxy Note?
Doubt it'll make a difference but the lower $350 pricing for the Galaxy Nexus might. That said, I'm waiting to see when Amazon will slash their Kindle Fire prices.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #124
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Doubt it'll make a difference but the lower $350 pricing for the Galaxy Nexus might. That said, I'm waiting to see when Amazon will slash their Kindle Fire prices.
Thump my memory a bit.
Wasn't the Fire offered with some deals? Extras to come with the Fire for $199 or a discount on something with the Fire.

The Google Tablet is $199 with a $25 coupon for buying software.

I think Google is positioning the tablet for a direct comparison to the Fire at the same price point with extras.

Personally I think the Google tablet is better than the Fire strictly as a tablet. Heck one obvious thing is GPS.

The non-starter for both in my mind is NO EXPANDABLE MEMORY (SD card, etc.) Still I will grant that you can get more memory internally with the Google so another selling point along with GPS but still...

As for any of this affecting the Note, I don't think so unless Samsung spins off a "Note Touch" similar to an "iPod Touch."

Last edited by SeaKing; 06-28-2012 at 09:13 PM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #125
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Thump my memory a bit.
Wasn't the Fire offered with some deals? Extras to come with the Fire for $199 or a discount on something with the Fire.
True but I think we might see some permanent price cuts.

Quote:
The non-starter for both in my mind is NO EXPANDABLE MEMORY (SD card, etc.) Still I will grant that you can get more memory internally with the Google so another selling point along with GPS but still...
Actually, there may be options for memory expansion with the Nexus 7. While it doesn't have a card slot, it does support USB on the go (OTG) so it might be possible to use USB thumb drives as external storage with a USB OTG adapter.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #126
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Android 4.0 coming tomorrow, most reviewers are saying there's not much change tho'.

TouchWiz is TouchWiz regardless of what's under it.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #127
DuaneAA
Connoisseur
DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuaneAA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & Kindle Fire HDX
Using Kies always feels like such a painful process. When I upgraded my old Galaxy S from 2.1 to 2.2 so Netflix would work on it, I found a You-tube video that stepped you through the process. If anyone has a link to a similar video for upgrading the Note to 4.0, I would appreciate it. (Although I am leaving on vacation in a few days and may wait until I get back to give other people time to discover if this release has any serious bugs.)

Thanks,
Duane
DuaneAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 AM   #128
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Android 4.0 coming tomorrow, most reviewers are saying there's not much change tho'.

TouchWiz is TouchWiz regardless of what's under it.
I've had ICS for three weeks, can't even remember anymore what it was like before ICS.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #129
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I've had ICS for three weeks, can't even remember anymore what it was like before ICS.
Do you keep it in the freezer so it doesn't melt?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #130
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It doesn't overheat. Even if I watch video for 30 minutes.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:31 AM   #131
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
It doesn't overheat. Even if I watch video for 30 minutes.
You forgot to turn on the "sarcasm detection" app.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #132
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I'm not ready for that stuff when I just get out of bed.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #133
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Bigger Galaxy Note coming soon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...LSW_story.html

Quote:
According to a report in the Korean media, Samsung is planning to release a Note with a 5.5-inch screen, which the publication MK Business also suggests will have a quad-core processor and a 12 MP camera.
Quote:
As I said in my review, the big screen is great for video and browsing, but isn’t particularly convenient for holding in one hand, or against your face.

Two-tenths of an inch may not sound like a lot, but it can make all the difference when you’re trying to drop something into a purse or pants pocket — or when you want just a little more room on your screen to watch movies.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #134
wodin
Illiterate

Sound like all of (well... most of them) the reviewers whe the SGN first came out; but the sales figures made liars of them all (well... most of them)!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #135
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

I tends towards agreeing, .2" might not sound like much, but my hands are barely getting a comfortable grip on the GNote as it stands right now, with the casing on it is almost a stretch, if I had suffered from arthritis I know it would have been impossible. The new model in a case? I think it might just be a tad too much, but I'm sure people with large hands will appreciate the extra size.