Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #31
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I honestly think that the apple app store is better right now, with more tablet centric apps and exclusives.

However, I don't think the android app store is doomed. If anything it is growing at a healthy rate. The Xoom, Acer Iconia, Galaxy Tabs, eee Transformer, G-Slate, and Toshiba are all just now (or soon to be) hitting the market. Last year, the android alternatives to the ipad were either cheap knockoffs or hacked ereaders. The 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab was the first real competitor, but was tied to 3g contracts. Now there is real, quality choice. If the quick sell through of the Asus Transformer is an indicator, the android tablet is here to stay. When these tablets get into enough consumers' hands, the developers will be more than willing to satiate their need for more tablet apps. Now if I were a Blackberry Playbook owner, I wouldn't be holding my breath...
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote