Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #1
TCBW
TCBW began at the beginning.

Device: Foxit eSlick
Issue with Send to device actions being disabled

HI,

I have a Foxit eSlick and have been using Calibre for a couple of weeks. I found in the preference window a way to have my books that are part of a series grouped in 1 directory. I changed the line to read the following:-

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>3s}-{title} - {authors}

When I then try use send to device all but the default action buttons are disabled.

I have tried the following as well:-

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index}-{title} - {authors}

If I return the string to the default the items in the send to device menu only re-enable after restarting Calibre.

What am I doing wrong. What I am trying to do is get something like:-
Asimov Isaac/The Foundation/001-Prelude To The Foundation - Isaac Asimov.epub

I am using Calibre 0.6.37

Thanks
TCBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
My suspicion is that the problem could be caused by the fact that you are trying to use series for a folder, and Calibre finds that the folder does not exist and is not willing to create it. Have yout tried simply including the series name as the first part of the filename?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
My suspicion is that the problem could be caused by the fact that you are trying to use series for a folder, and Calibre finds that the folder does not exist and is not willing to create it. Have yout tried simply including the series name as the first part of the filename?
Series as a folder works here for many Calibre versions (Win, Linux)

I think TCBW needs another folder level:

{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>3s}-{title}/ {title} - {authors}

Reason: the file/folder name is getting really long in character count, specially if you have multiple formats, where the only difference is the extension at the tail end.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Strange, I don't see why the save template would affect which actions are enabled.

Can you run calibre in a terminal as

calibre-debug -g

and post any output you see when the device is connected.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
TCBW
TCBW began at the beginning.

Device: Foxit eSlick
Sorry about the delay in getting back to this. I've been traveling.

I upgraded to 0.6.40 and then ran the tests as described in the posts above but the issue no longer occurs.
TCBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert