Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Bookeen Opus - microSD or microSDHC?

Does anyone know whether the Opus has microSDHC capability, or is it restricted to the lower-capacity microSD cards?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
They said it is normally "only" SD compatible, but they had some unexpected positive result with some SDHC 4GB cards...

I think the good answer is "try and see" :/
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Guess you won´t get the components not to recognice SD-HC cards anymore
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
unexpected positive results!!!! haha!! sounds professional !
etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've just ordered an 8GB microSDHC card. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works .
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 05:16 AM   #6
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
Guess you won´t get the components not to recognice SD-HC cards anymore
Ho you are wrong, there are a lot of "new" hardware or device that are not SDHC compatible
Old 07-29-2009, 05:34 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Ho you are wrong, there are a lot of "new" hardware or device that are not SDHC compatible
For standard SD cards, that's very true - in fact I'd go so far as to say that the majority of devices don't support SDHC. With the micro SD standard being so much more recent, though, it's a little surprising that there is a "non-HC" version of that.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:03 AM   #8
Godzil

The only difference between SD and microSD, is the slot, you can read µSD with the same chip after the (µ)SD slot, so yes, if you use component that does not handle SDHC and only change the SD slot, you could have a micro SD slot that does not read SDHC.

What bookeen said during the meetup, is that they wanted to be sure that the SDHC is supported or not on the Gen3/Opus, since the hardware they use should not support SDHC, but they got unexpected positive result with some 4GB SDHC cards, that why the Gen3 and the Opus could support SDHC cards, but it's not actually an official feature.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

We know that the Gen3 doesn't support SDHC cards. If the 8GB microSDHC card that I've ordered doesn't work on the Opus, I'll return it and buy a 2GB card instead. No harm in trying the 8GB card first, though!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
And Opus definitely is ONE of them, stated in the user guide.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #11
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We know that the Gen3 doesn't support SDHC cards. If the 8GB microSDHC card that I've ordered doesn't work on the Opus, I'll return it and buy a 2GB card instead. No harm in trying the 8GB card first, though!
And did it work? Based on the user guide and my personal experience, SDHC DOES NOT work.
I've tried quite a few cards, didn't have any 4GB card though...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I don't know yet. I'm away from home at the moment, and the card hadn't been delivered before I left.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
I tested the following

256mb microSD > works
1GB microSD > works
2GB microSD > not working!
8GB microSDHC > not working!

note that inserting the 256 and 1Gb brings up both microSD root directory on the device and when on comp I can see the microSD drive.

with the other cards the opus indicator goes blue for few seconds, and nothing happens.

Strangely I do not know why the 2GB is not working, its not a HC microSD...
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #14
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I checked jetBook (firmware v0.33c, patch v13) with
Transcend 8GB SDHC card and it works! 16GB SDHC and 32GB SDHC still pretty expensive but I guess that I will try these cards in near future too.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saud View Post
I tested the following

256mb microSD > works
1GB microSD > works
2GB microSD > not working!
8GB microSDHC > not working!

note that inserting the 256 and 1Gb brings up both microSD root directory on the device and when on comp I can see the microSD drive.

with the other cards the opus indicator goes blue for few seconds, and nothing happens.

Strangely I do not know why the 2GB is not working, its not a HC microSD...
2GB did work for me. Must be your card.
But I have to confirm: With 2GB it was unstable, my UMPC hung himself quite a few times.
AND: I see the card in Windows explorer and on the Opus, but not within ADE. So I have to copy my books manually to the card. Via ADE would be way more convenient.