Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Available now: Version 2.7.5

I've just updated Marvin...
  • Important iOS 8 compatibility updates.
  • Improvements to the rendering engine.
  • Improved in-book text searching.

Happy reading!
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Thank you! I left another 5-star review, as usual. I'm looking forward to the improved Dropbox integration.

Will Marvin be ready for any large-screened iPhones that might be released in the next two weeks?

Last edited by holymadness; 09-08-2014 at 08:36 PM.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 01:43 AM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks a lot for your support!

Regarding the large-screened iPhone: More or less. All the code and layout is ready to handle larger screens (even a hypothetically larger iPad). However, no one really knows whether the image assets will have to increase to @3x or @4x. I have everything set up on my side so when I find out this evening, I'll compile the new assets in and ship an update as fast as possible.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the update, I'll deal with it next time I get on my Ipad...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
kguil
Addict

@Quexos - You're very welcome.
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Thanks a lot for your support!

Regarding the large-screened iPhone: More or less. All the code and layout is ready to handle larger screens (even a hypothetically larger iPad). However, no one really knows whether the image assets will have to increase to @3x or @4x. I have everything set up on my side so when I find out this evening, I'll compile the new assets in and ship an update as fast as possible.
I'll be eagerly waiting! Marvin is the entire reason I pre-ordered the iPhone 6+. Since getting Marvin I do 90% or more of my reading on my iPhone. It made my iPad mini seem just too big to hold, but after holding a friend's 5.5" Samsung I concluded that's the perfect size to hold in one hand yet have enough screen real estate to read.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:28 AM   #7
kguil
Addict

@Marcy - this is the status for the 6/6+...

At the moment, Marvin will work on the new iPhone 6 and 6+ in scaled mode. That means that the new devices will blow Marvin up to fit the screen (iOS does it quite well, no squashing). So, it will look ok(ish) but you won't get the benefit of the bigger screens over the 4" Marvin. Now...

From my end, I'm pretty ready to natively support the bigger screen sizes in Marvin but I don't really want to release it before I've seen it on a real device. I managed to order a 6+ within 2 minutes it launched so it should arrive soon (cross fingers) for me to do some proper testing before I can ship.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:42 AM   #8
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
From my end, I'm pretty ready to natively support the bigger screen sizes in Marvin but I don't really want to release it before I've seen it on a real device. I managed to order a 6+ within 2 minutes it launched so it should arrive soon (cross fingers) for me to do some proper testing before I can ship.
Damn, you are an ordering wizard. I sat there for an hour refreshing and just trying to get to the page. :-/
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Am eagerly awaiting my 6+ to try reading on it. I think of the iPhone 6+ as a mini-mini-iPad, with LTE.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote